Nokia Lumina 928 I just purchased from Verizon - Cyan update
00Vette04GTO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it true there is not going to be an update done to the Lumina's at Verizon for the Cyan update?

I am trying to figure out if I should put this phone back in the box and ship it back - if no updates are going to be done.

Please advise!

Thanks,

Mike.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nokia Lumina 928 I just purchased from Verizon - Cyan update
primortal
Master - Level 1

There won't be any timelines provided by VZW.  The update was initially being tested changed to Under Development a couple of weeks ago.  Neither VZW or Microsoft will discuss what's going on other then they are actively working together to get it released.  We just have to sit and wait...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

We'll get the update just the big question is when...

0 Likes
00Vette04GTO
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cant seem to find any timeline or even assurance that they are going to release the update... Has anyone been successful at getting answers from Verizon or at least an assurance that it is coming?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

There won't be any timelines provided by VZW.  The update was initially being tested changed to Under Development a couple of weeks ago.  Neither VZW or Microsoft will discuss what's going on other then they are actively working together to get it released.  We just have to sit and wait...

0 Likes
00Vette04GTO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well... Guess it is - what it is....

So that sounds like a step back to me... From Testing to Under Development...

Must admit - it is a little concerning...

Hopefully Verizon is actually taking this serious and are working hard to move forward.... But, I know what I read online does not make me very hopeful that they are. But of course everyone online is just frustrated with no answers (like me) and taking guesses.

I would imagine that Nokia, now being a Microsoft product, would be a top priority for Microsoft. I could only imagine that it is Verizon dragging their feet?

If there are bugs that still need to be worked out, then I understand Verizon not moving forward... But I imagine Microsoft would be quick to act on their end. Otherwise why acquire Nokia if you aren't going to work hard to make sure it is a flagship for the Windows mobile OS. Verizon being one of the biggest carriers out there - Seems Microsoft would really want the update.

primortal
Master - Level 1

The bugs are most likely on the firmware side where the drivers for the radios (cellular/data) get updated.  I'm thinking the bugs are centered around XLTE and VoLTE useability/stability.

I highly doubt there are any problems with the OS otherwise those of us in the Preview for Developer program would be having issues making the phone unusable.  Which isn't the case.

0 Likes
00Vette04GTO
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was thinking about doing the developer update myself, but read about MMS issues - which I use pretty frequently.

So I am hesitant... Is this an actual issue that you experience with the dev version?

Are there any other major bugs you have noticed using it?

Any info would be appreciated to help me determine if I want to update.

(Software developer here, so the update doesn't scare me. Just don't want to waste my time if it is going to crash needed features)

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Mileage will very.  I haven't had any major problems with 8.1 or 8.1.1.  I don't use MMS constantly but occasionally and never had a problem,

If you haven't peruse Windows Central Forums or Windows Central Forums - WP 8.1 Bugs and Defects to see if anything reported would cause you not to upgrade.

BigBearacuda
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ship it back.

0 Likes
jeffindayton
Enthusiast - Level 3

the 928 is a great phone, verizon's support for it is not.