Nokia Poor Technical Support - Beware
BudPR

I purchased this phone a week ago. I have a POP 3 email account that I connect to. I have 2 emails that I check. I check email on 2 laptops, 1 tablet, 1 phone. I found after a week that the Nokia 928 was deleting the emails from the server and that I could not get those emails once deleted on my other devices. (My 3 year old HTC Droid did not do this) I called Verizon service who sent me to Nokia. Nokia said it was not their problem and sent me to Microsoft. Microsoft said it was not their problem and sent me back to Nokia. I said no, it was a software problem and Nokia said they didn't make the software. I was sent to another phone number in Microsoft that turned out to be "Supplemental Parts" support and the guy said sorry he couldn't help me and DIDN"T know who I should call. Nokia "dropped" the call the first time when being transferred and I had to call back and go through the whole phone tree again. I'm certain the call was dropped by the customer agent because he didn't want to deal with this.

This all took about 45 minutes of ME having to make the calls and get shuttled back and forth. I finally called Verizon back and said I want my old phone back, which they did. I took the 928 back and got a full refund. BTW, the initial Verizon support person opened up the on-line manual, which I already had, and started reading out loud through the email setup section. That really instilled a sense of trust in me.

So, there are three problems here:

1. The Nokia 928 can't perform a simple years old email setup function
  2. Verizon can't technically support the phone
  3. Verizon is not taking charge of their support and is willing to send customers off to other "vendors". I feel Verizon should have taken this issue, chased it down for me, and gotten back to me with an answer.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia Poor Technical Support - Beware
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry you had to experience that, but the phone is still a good phone. I experienced the email deleting as well. It appears that the email client is more like actually using a browser. I too deleted email that deleted them from the server. I was able to retrieve them from the servers email deleted trash. I actually like the fact that I can permanently delete them from the phone. Saved me the time and effort of logging on through a browser just to delete email.

0 Likes
BudPR

I would also like to say that when I called Nokia and Microsoft and Verizon, there was no attempt to troubleshoot the problem, no attempt to understand my issue, and no further attempt to resolve my problem. This shows me that customers are a "dime a dozen" and the Verizon, Nokia, and Microsoft do not really care to spend any time or money on a single customer. While we are spending hundreds of dollars on these phones, you may as well be buying a can opener in terms of support....throw it away and get a new one.

0 Likes
trt1

Recently I started having the same issues - email being deleted from my e-mail service provider's server by Microsoft phone Lumia 928 & I could not even find the deleted emails under server's trash folder.  I do not want my emails deleted by the phone.

I do not see any recommendations to correct this issue.  Does that mean I need to delete POP e-mail accounts just to keep my e-mail on the server??  If yes then, the windows phone is not worth owning.  To the best of my knowledge this is not an issue created by Nokia.

Currently I found an unefficient  way to keep my emails on my email provider's server but then why do I need this phone if it is nothing but a problem? A Sync issue/bug???

It would be great if someone from Verizon and/or Microsoft could clarify this issue.

0 Likes
Not applicable

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpemail/how-to-leave-mail-on-server/7fb215be-c...

It would seem that this guy found you a work around. And that the device has no "Delete from Server" toggle. On the device.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Major_Payne
Contributor - Level 1

I'd recommend using IMAP settings for your email accounts on your phone.

In POP mail if you deleted stuff it would most likely delete it from the server unless you have an option with the email provider to select leave a copy on the server etc.