Not recieving texts from any carrier, but can send them out.
sponeity

Since 5/7/14 around 11ish pm my phone has been unable to receive texts from carriers including Verizon, at&t, and cricket. However, I can receive and make phone calls. I have tried shutting off my phone for a bit, turning off wifi and restarting as I found suggested in other forums but it didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not recieving texts from any carrier, but can send them out.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sponeity,

Let's get those messages flowing again. Before this happened, did you notice any changes to your phone? New software or applications? You mentioned you have been unable to receive texts, do you have a problem sending them? Can you test your messages by sending a text from your phone to yourself? Please keep us posted.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sponeity

AndreaS_VZW

I hadn't ran any updates to my knowledge before this happened, afterwards game apps were updated. I cannot receive texts, however I can send them and those I am sending them to do receive them. I personally just tried sending a text to myself through another phone and it said invalid destination. I can receive and make phone calls though.

Sponeity

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sponeity Thanks for the info. This does sound a little odd. Check to make sure that wifi and bluetooth are disabled. Also, try this step: select one or two contacts and delete them from your contact list and then power cycle the phone and retest. Please let us know if you notice any difference.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes