Numbers Won't Sync From Windows Live...Help
hogs518

For some reason only a few numbers from my Windows Live account will actually sync to my phone. I already forwarded all of my contacts from google to my live account and whenever I look online they are all there. But for some reason they aren't making it to my phone even though I click sync. Also, I try to sign into gmail and I enter the correct name and password but it's telling me this is incorrect even though I know for a fact it's correct. Can anyone help me with these issues??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Numbers Won't Sync From Windows Live...Help
bobrhine
Enthusiast - Level 2

To get your Gmail working, you'll want to unlock it.

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

That should fix that issue. I don't know about the hotmail issue though.

0 Likes
hogs518

Thanks that did fix the issue with Gmail but now it's doing the same thing with my contacts. All of my emails synced to my phone and even all of my contacts names but for some reason no numbers came with them.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

If you look on Live, you see phone numbers as well as names, or just names?  If yes, I'm not sure about this - I haven't synced live with gmail. 

0 Likes
nrprad

I am having the same problem, and I believe it has to do with the way the phone numbers transfer.

I looked into it, and I figured out that in the CSV file, Google marks all of your contacts' mobile numbers as "Other Phone," which doesn't seem to appear on the Windows Phone. This could be a bit challenging if you don't know computers very well, but here's how to fix it:

1. Download the .CSV file from GMail (Go to Contacts>More Actions>Export>To Outlook)
  2. Open the file with Microsoft Excel.
  3. Make sure none of the numbers in Column AC are needed. If they are, all I can say is write them down to be put back in later.
  4. Select all the values from column AE (besides the first cell that has the title) and move them directly over two to the left, to column AC.
  5. Save the file on your computer.
  6. Open the file in Windows LIVE (Go to Contacts>Manage>Import>Another Windows LIVE account>Select Outlook and browse for your file.
  7. Check your contacts to make sure the numbers changed over.

I haven't found the time to fully accomplish this, but I assume it works. Please reply if it does so I'll know. Thanks.

Also, I don't see why they have to be so difficult in this process.

0 Likes
hogs518

I just ended up deleting my contacts from Windows Live and using my Gmail contacts...works fine that way.

0 Likes