I am an old LG. The touch screen has been a little funny lately. Now only half the screen works. I cannot receive any incoming text messages because I cannot delete the old ones. How can I get rid of these old texts?
Also, my phone likes to turn off randomly. Usually when I am sending a text or when I slide the screen open.
Good morning makeupfox,
I can certainly understand how important a working touch screen on a device. As touch screen phones continue to grow in popularity, we are dependent on its consistency in functionality. May I ask what model LG device do you have? Also, is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? Below, I have listed some troubleshooting steps on how to resolve this issue.
- Please remove any plastic screen protector from the device.
- Clean the screen with a microfiber cloth.
- Do a battery pull on the device and retest.
- Delete any third party apps that have been recently installed.
- Recalibrate the touch screen.
- Perform a factory reset on the device.
- Note: This reset will completely erase the device.
Once you have done the steps above then please retest the touch screen for accuracy. Depending on which device you have, the device may need to be reactivated and resetup. Once you provide the model number of the phone that you have then I can further assist with the setup if needed. Also, ff the issue persist or if you run into any unforeseen issues then please reply to this message.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport