One contact not receiving my text messages
Loribrwn

A contact of mine does not receive my text replies. I have powered down and restarted my phone several times, deleted the contact and reloaded this contact several times manually, reset my phone to factory settings and resynced my contacts from Verizon. This contact still does not receive my text replies. What do I need to do to resolve this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: One contact not receiving my text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Loribrwn,

You've done a lot of work and I thank you for explaining what's already been tried. You're definitely on the right track! What make/model phone do you have and what kind of phone do they have? Have they checked to see if they accidentally blocked your messages on their phone? I recommend doing things in this order:

1. Write down their contact info
2. Delete all texts from/to you and them from both phones
3. Have them write down your contact info
4. Delete your contact from their phone
5. Delete their contact from your phone
6. Try sending a text to them by manually dialing their number (do not add them into your contact list)

Let us know how this test goes and the missing info, and we'll take it from there!

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Loribrwn

Hello Sarah and thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the steps you outlined did not work, we still cannot connect via text. I have a Samsung ATIV and my contact has a Samsung R455C. My contact has no problems texting other people with smart phones like mine, this contact just does not receive my replies. I can call, leave a voicemail, but replying to text messages does not go through.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is greatly appreciated LoriBrwn. Let's look into this a little deeper. May I ask is the contact that's in question a Verizon customer? Also, are you and the contact using the stock text app? Did you download any new apps prior to having this issue? As you share the details then we can continue to troubleshoot.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Loribrwn

Hello,

The contact in question is not a Verizon customer and we are using the stock text app. The only difference is the recent update to my phone (extra settings).

0 Likes
Loribrwn

How often is this community monitored? I am a bit upset. Verizon Support has never left me in the dark for so long. Along with posting my problem here, I spoke through live chat and was told there is a help ticket open for my concern. I did not receive an email stating the ticket number nor have I had any word from Verizon support. How long will this go on?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Loribrwn wrote:

How often is this community monitored? I am a bit upset. Verizon Support has never left me in the dark for so long. Along with posting my problem here, I spoke through live chat and was told there is a help ticket open for my concern. I did not receive an email stating the ticket number nor have I had any word from Verizon support. How long will this go on?

This is a peer to peer customer forum and not a direct link to Customer Support representatives. Replies by the VZW reps that roam this community aren't guaranteed nor are they immediate.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Loribrwn

Wonderful, now I'm really upset. If this is peer to peer, is there someone else who is having the same problems with a Samsung ATIV?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Until someone else who has that phone signs into the community and see your post, you won't know if anyone else have a similar situation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Loribrwn,

Sorry for the delay! We answer forum posts in the order that they are received. Are you receiving replies from the contact?  Do you receive an error message when you send the contact a message? Are you saving the contact with a 7 or 10 digit number?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes