Only 2 choices for Windows phones now? I'm considering switching carriers just so I have access to more Windows phones.
Jakeace
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know Windows phones aren't as main stream as the other two OS but for those of us that want to sync our Windows devices, this is very important.  Give us access to more of the Windows phones that are available.  While I'm asking;  Bring back the Nokia Windows phones.  Nokia has incredible apps that aren't available on other phones.  Everyone is always impressed when I show them what my Nokia phone has to offer that no other brands do.

Labels (1)
Re: Only 2 choices for Windows phones now?  I'm considering switching carriers just so I have access to more Windows phones.
Snn5
Legend

New WP are a few months out from release.  Win is waiting to make a splash towards Q3-4.  Nokia has been dropped.  It is just WP Lumia now.  Many new things on the horizon.

0 Likes
Re: Only 2 choices for Windows phones now? I'm considering switching carriers just so I have access to more Windows phones.
mama23dogs
Legend

I Am not a windows phone user, but for those who are it seems like Nokia Lumia line has been the phones to have.

i Am surprised they aren't getting better support as people have been known to switch carrier for the phone they want.

My only suggestion is to shop elsewhere.  You can purchase Verizon compatable phones on Amazon or Best Buy and still use Verizon purchase methods, Edge, 2 year contract or retail.  Amazon often has phones you can't get anywhere else.

0 Likes
Re: Only 2 choices for Windows phones now? I'm considering switching carriers just so I have access to more Windows phones.
WraithDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm with you on the Nokia phones. My upgrade date is July 2016, and there better be a Nokia in the line up by then or it's good bye Verizon. I wouldn't waste my time with the current two Windows phones...

Re: Only 2 choices for Windows phones now?  I'm considering switching carriers just so I have access to more Windows phones.
Snn5
Legend

Good luck finding a Nokia ever again.  Windows Lumia is as close as you MIGHT get.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

So much for an empty threat. Nowadays if you find a phone you like, hold on to it. The whole getting the latest and greatest or doing a new 2 year is a thing of the past especially with what these mini computers cost. Just roll with it. The carriers will soon follow.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And the whole oh you can get a new phone whenever just pay monthly for your current one and when you are done turn it in and make payments all over again. Pardon? I'm not into renting or leasing phones. That's a bit much. So many people are chomping at the but to pay monthly for a phone. Come on now. For something you will never own? The carriers all have people by the guts. If you can't afford it upfront, used, or don't want a 2 year agreement, just let it go.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I'm with you.

let's buck the American tradition of being in debt over ever little thing!

Pay for our phones.  Keep the least expensive service possible.

If we really want to call the shots, we can buy one of the phones available that can be used on any network.  iPhone 6, Google Nexus 6, one plus one, just to drop names. 

Imagine what might happen to prices if we can change carriers at any time.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Butch43
Enthusiast - Level 2

PLEASE get more Windows phones!  I refuse to be a "sheeple" and go with an Iphone, and everyone I know with androids just use them as a toy.  I need a phone that does what I need, easily syncs with my computer, and easy to navigate.  Windows is all that and a bag of chips.  Get with the program Verizon!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You'll be waiting until near the end of the year for the phones and longer for Verizon to offer them I'd imagine.

0 Likes