Over the past several weeks/months,multiple problems have emerged with this phone withich I have had for 2 years.
lynjoy
Enthusiast - Level 1

The first to go was visaable voicemail.  After 2 support calls, it still doesn't work.  This was an app I considered "critical" when I purchased the phone - I am out of the office the majority of time, and need quick repnse to my clients' calls.

Then, there seemed to be battery issues...wasn't holding a charge as long, takes loner to charge.

Text messaging- frequently get "can't send"... powering down/back on doesn't resolve the issue.  It sometimes send the text, but no pattern as to when or why.

SIM card error....message is that SIM card does not exist or is damaged and a message that I can continue to make emergency calls.  The error generally just disappears and I can continue calling, but lately, the error often causes the phone to power off.

Any suggestions or other than 2 hours support calls?

It's interesting that I'm having tese issues now that my contract has ended and I can get another phone ...with another 2 year contract.

Thanks for any responses.

Joyce

Labels (1)
Re: Over the past several weeks/months,multiple problems have emerged with this phone withich I have had for 2 years.
tkolar15
Enthusiast - Level 2

More and more people are seeing this issue. I have been having the same issue with my HTC 8x since GDR2 was installed. i had swapped it out with Verizon needs to acknowledge this issue and fix it. It's only on the verizon htc 8x as all other service providers fixed it with a patch. it's completely unacceptable that i have to go through so many things to get my phone to work. If i drive around the town i live in i lose and regain service constantly. most of the time i have to flip airplane mode on and off. this is the second phone they sent me and multiple sim cards.

0 Likes
Re: Over the past several weeks/months,multiple problems have emerged with this phone withich I have had for 2 years.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tkolar15,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with the service on your device. We want you to have the best service possible. Are you having issues indoors and outdoors with your device? What zipocode are you in?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
tkolar15
Enthusiast - Level 2

indoors and outdoors. my zip code is 07094. i know this issue is specific with this device only. if i hook up my galaxy s3 or bb device on same line with same sim card i have zero issues. I do get service when i am in and around my house but i drive a few blocks down it goes down to no service (circle with the line through it). most of the time i can't regain service by switching airplane mode on and off. Sometimes it works but i should not for any reason have to do this to use my phone.

Things i have done to troubleshoot.

-a replacement phone

-new sim card

-hard reset

-activated other devices with this line and sim.

tkolar15
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just called support to report this and i find it funny that they claim no one else has reported this issue. Why the run around?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lynjoy,

I know how important it is to have a reliable phone and that it allows you to complete all the functions you need. Let's work on this and get it up and running smoothly. Please back up your phone and complete this http://vz.to/1aZCXhN . Once you're ready to activate it again, please ensure it's not restored from a backup and you use it as new.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details, tkolar15!

Please tell me your device's current Firmware revision number: http://vz.to/1ec2bFB.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tkolar15
Enthusiast - Level 2

See below....

Firmware Revision #: 3030.0.41301.605

Radio Software Version #: 0.17.50.0918_3

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tkolar15, We want to get you into a working phone. Based on what you mentioned in previous posts, this issue is device specific and you've tried a master reset and new sim. At this point, if the phone has extended warranty, we can send a replacement device (current phone must be free of physical or moisture damage). the replacement would be of the same device as we are not showing this issue will happen with every phone. Let us know how we can further assist.

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes