Password on Screenlock
rkiels
I imagine that everybody gets the notification upon booting their phones for the first time that they need to set up a password. After doing so now everytime my screen locks and I swipe to unlock it I'm forced to enter the password. Needless to say that's aggravating and hardly the 'glance and go' experience that sells the platform! When going to settings>lock&wallpaper I'm not giventhe option to turn the password On or Off, it's just stuck ON. I have the option to change the password, but that's not what I need. Is this across all Trophies? I've already reset the phone but that did no good.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Password on Screenlock
M-Kohlman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is your Trophy set up to connect to a corporate email server?

0 Likes
rkiels

The only exchange account I have is a college email. I tried to see what would happen if I removed it, but that yielded no results.

0 Likes
M-Kohlman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, the reason I asked is that as far as I know, a lock screen and password requirment is not on by default in the Trophy or any other version of WP7.

However it is common practice (and a good one IMHO) for system administrators to place a password/pin policy on any device that accesses their email system.  This is almost certainly why you got the requirement to set a password as the first time your email attempted to sync your email account the policy would have kicked in.

The policy is semi-permanent in nature.  Once the policy is pushed to a phone, you would generally need to do a hard-reset to wipe the policy.

Michael

0 Likes