Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Password on Screenlock
rkiels
I imagine that everybody gets the notification upon booting their phones for the first time that they need to set up a password. After doing so now everytime my screen locks and I swipe to unlock it I'm forced to enter the password. Needless to say that's aggravating and hardly the 'glance and go' experience that sells the platform! When going to settings>lock&wallpaper I'm not giventhe option to turn the password On or Off, it's just stuck ON. I have the option to change the password, but that's not what I need. Is this across all Trophies? I've already reset the phone but that did no good.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Password on Screenlock
M-Kohlman
Novice

Is your Trophy set up to connect to a corporate email server?

0 Likes
rkiels

The only exchange account I have is a college email. I tried to see what would happen if I removed it, but that yielded no results.

0 Likes
M-Kohlman
Novice

Well, the reason I asked is that as far as I know, a lock screen and password requirment is not on by default in the Trophy or any other version of WP7.

However it is common practice (and a good one IMHO) for system administrators to place a password/pin policy on any device that accesses their email system.  This is almost certainly why you got the requirement to set a password as the first time your email attempted to sync your email account the policy would have kicked in.

The policy is semi-permanent in nature.  Once the policy is pushed to a phone, you would generally need to do a hard-reset to wipe the policy.

Michael

0 Likes