Phone+SMS Filter
ether813x

Has anyone gotten this to work on their Lumia 928 or Lumia 822. I performed the GDR2/Amber Update to my Lumia with no issue whatsoever but numbers i add to the call block list on the device those numbers are still getting through.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone+SMS Filter
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem on my Lumia 928 after doing the Amber update and it is important to note that this feature/app is part of the Amber update on any Windows Phone 8 device.  I block a number and it keeps getting through and the app does not even count that it has blocked the number.  Mine has been doing it to a toll-free number from a company I have been dealing with.  I will not go into details but let's just say they don't like the payment arrangement they originally agreed to and want more $$$$ from me.  Are the numbers that are still getting through toll-free for you as well? 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Do you have the number entered in the blocker app EXACTLY the same as it shows up in your caller ID?

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I used the add from call history option when the number first called after installing the Amber update I pressed and held the screen on the number until the menu popped up and pressed "Block Number" When it calls back I do the same thing but when I select "Block number" I get a message telling me that said number is already blocked with an OK button. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call me clueless, but I don't see the option to block  - we have a Lumia 928, with AMBER installed.  I go to Settings>>Extras + Info, and I don't see the options as shown here:

http://betanews.com/2013/08/09/nokia-adds-call-and-sms-blocking-to-part-of-its-lumia-windows-phone-8...

Long pressing a number on my recent call list gives me one option: Delete item.

Is there something else I need to install?  O am I just not looking in the right place?  Thanks for any and all help.

0 Likes
gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Extras+Info just gives information about your phone's carrier settings, version of the Nokia software AMBER in our cases.  The feature is off by default I found it in mine when I went into settings under the phone section and you can turn any or all of those features on. 

0 Likes
ocdobbs

I am having the same issue with my Lumia 822...hlpe they fix it soon

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

gb755cs wrote:

....   The feature is off by default I found it in mine when I went into settings under the phone section and you can turn any or all of those features on.

I must be blind, I'm still not seeing it.  The only part of the screen not showing in this is my own ph number and voicemail info at the top.  I scroll past that and this is all I see.  Where should I be looking?

wp_ss_20130826_0001.png

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nevermind, I read this thread - , installed the SysApp Pusher, and now have SMS and Call filtering, and some other goodies to play with.  There is so much I don't know about this phone, and it seems the more I learn, the more there IS to learn.  No wonder there is confusion and complaints about things not working.....

And just FYI, I tested the SMS call blocking and it doesn't seem to work.  I blocked my home phone, then called the cell form the home phone.  The call came in, the cell phone rang, I flipped it over to "silence it", and the call went to voicemail. And the # of blocked calls still read "0".   Smiley Sad

gb755cs
Enthusiast - Level 3

My mistake the setting itself at least on my Lumia 928 was the second to the last one in the settings area itself.  It's labeled Call and SMS filter. 

0 Likes