Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phone freezes and has to be reset
Jfschleich

Had my 8x for 3 days and have had it locked up a dozen times.  I have to hold the power button down to recycle the phone.  Anyone else have this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone freezes and has to be reset
_yankees_
Novice

You might have a dud. My first 8x, the battery died out completely within 24 hours of having the phone. I say just take it back and get a new one. Your phone is way too new to have those issues

drichter
Novice

This definitely sounds like a hardware issue. Any software problems will be solved soon though with the Portico Update. WP8 is a very smooth OS so this behavior is odd.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's no good Jfschleich! I know how important it is to have a reliable device! Are you still having difficulties? How often are you power cycling the device? Is there a specific task you are completing when this happens? Have you tried connecting it to the charger when this happens?

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
mayno71

maybe if he had the 8x portico update, he'd be ok. oh wait, none of have that yet even though AT&T and T-mobile have had it for almost 2 months. Smiley Sad

0 Likes