Phone power-cycles every time I try to run Backup Assistant
er58
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an LG Glance , and have been having trouble with Backup Assistant. It used to work great, automatically backing up my contacts every afternoon. For the last year or so, however, every time I have tried to run Backup Assistant it power-cycles. For a while this would happen, then if I immediately went back to Backup Assistant after it re-started it would launch, but it would never accept my PIN. I called Verizon support, they made sure I was using the right PIN (I as), they re-set my PIN (didn't work), and they had me un-install and re-install Backup Assistant (didn't work). Now it power-cycles every time I try to launch Backup Assistant, so I never even get a chance to try my PIN. I have tried to launch Backup Assistant while the phone is plugged in (thinking it might be a power problem), but it did the exact same thing. The contacts in my Backup Assistant online are now almost a year out-of-date, and I'm soon going to be switching phones.

Any ideas about what I need to do to make Backup Assistant work again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone power-cycles every time I try to run Backup Assistant
er58
Enthusiast - Level 1

Took it to the Verizon store yesterday, they said they had never heard of such a thing and that the folks I talked to at Customer Service were a higher level of tech support than they (at the store) are. However, they had a few ideas of things to try. What finally worked was backing up all the data on my phone & re-setting it completely--Backup Assistant now works with no problems.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If you can pull the Battery,  Pull it ,  And with it out of the phone press the power button for 20 to 30 seconds re-install the battery see how it Does.. let me know if don't work after trying that we''ll try something else..  b33

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like you've done all the troubleshooting you can.  Smiley Sad

When you reinstall Backup Assistant, and it asks for a PIN, and it won't accept yours - here's something else you can try that HAS worked for me, counter-intuitive as it seems to be.  Instead of using your existing PIN, choose the option to set up a NEW PIN - but then, put in your existing PIN anyway.  Somehow that re-connects - at least it did for me.

You need to uninstall, reboot, and reinstall BUA, then, when going through the setup, choose NEW PIN.  Use your existing as the NEW PIN.

If that doesn't work, a corporate store should be able to transfer your existing contacts from your current phone to your new device; my local store has done this for all of our recent upgrades.

Good luck to you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there er58!

You raise a really great question here. After all, I depend on Backup Assistant working properly so as to make contact transfers flawless from device to device. So, let's make the same apply to you.

First, I'd like to say that you've done a fantastic job thus far. Rather than this being an issue with your device or even your PIN, it sounds like this may be more of an issue with the Backup Assistant app on your phone. Now, I'd have to guess that the most important thing to you at this point in holding on to your contacts in your phone. So, based on what you've done thus far, I would recommend manually aligning them with the online version (yes, I apologize that this is more labor but I don't want to see you lose your contacts). With assurance that everything is backed up, you can then look into launching the app, selecting your soft key for options, and uninstalling/reinstalling until you get your new phone.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
er58
Enthusiast - Level 1

Took it to the Verizon store yesterday, they said they had never heard of such a thing and that the folks I talked to at Customer Service were a higher level of tech support than they (at the store) are. However, they had a few ideas of things to try. What finally worked was backing up all the data on my phone & re-setting it completely--Backup Assistant now works with no problems.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Suzy looks like er58 got it back running like a Top Congrats there er58   Smiley Happy b

0 Likes