Re: Phone turns off when not used
CelC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi hopmedic:

As I mentioned to you a few weeks ago, Verizon sent me a new phone. The "old" phone box had a different version number. My "new" phone has been on and working ever since. Also, some of the start up messages like "here's what you can do with your new phone..." are different than the old one.

Good Luck.

CelC

Leo261
Enthusiast - Level 2

How did you get Verizon to ship you a new phone to you without returning your current phone? The new battery did not work for me, it stills turns off randomly.  I want a new phone but the reps I speak to say I need to ship back with the shipping label that came with my order before they will replace and I don't want to be without a phone. What is the trick? Should I be demanding, drive it to their supervisor or be real nice and beg?

0 Likes
CelC
Enthusiast - Level 2

After calling Verizon, they transferred me to a Nokia rep in Asia. Her initial "fix" did not work. She said to call her back if it did not work. I called back when it did not work and she made me run through another "fix". She said if that did not work, I had to either ship the phone to Nokia to repair or call Verizon and request a new phone. I called Verizon and they sent me a new phone, charged my account and they said that they would credit my account when I shipped my old phone back. My current bill has a charge for the new phone but I got an email from Verizon that they just received my old phone, so I guess they will credit me on my next bill.

CelC

Leo261
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Celc. I called again and lead the conversation this time stating I wanted a new phone but needed my current phone. Its on the way, I was billed and will get refund when they receive mine. Not happy about the charge but I guess its a reasonable course of action since they will also include prepaid return label.

Lately with customer service of Cable, Retailers, Verizon, etc I'm finding it pays to be persistent and keep calling until you get a Service Rep that gives you what you want.

0 Likes
OCD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My local store took good care of me.  They opened a help ticket, but got zero response from tech.  I'm now on phone #3 & sim card #2, but still having the same issue.  I've installed all updates & done all the button tricks and multiple hard resets.  I'm now to the point of only installing minmal apps to reduce the variables.

The larger irony is that my wife & daughter have the exact same model (purchased at the same time) and have had absolutely zero problems - installing all kinds of crazy apps.  We've even done battery swaps - where my device locks using their battery and theirs never locks with my battery.  The only thing that I use they don't is an Outlook email account - unfortunately I cannot go without that to test due to work requirements.  Considering adding my Outlook on my wife's phone to see if it triggers her device into the issue, but don't want to doom her to our experience either.

Do others on the thread have an Outlook email account on the device?  Wondering if we can collectively narrow down possible similarities - or if this is just a manufacturing production run issue?

primortal
Master - Level 1

I have my connected to my corporate Exchange server and I haven't had any problems with the phone turning off.  I also have Outlook linked to my Outlook and a POP accounts.

0 Likes
zalmesana
Enthusiast - Level 2

Out look wasn't used on the phone he had the problem with. I think maybe that some of these phones are lemons. once he got the new phone he has never had another problem. When he had the first phone,no matter what he did, no matter which programs were uninstalled, no matter how many times he sat on with tech-support and went through many different diagnostics nobody was ever able to figure out what was wrong with the phone.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Leo261
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was synced with outlook.com and outlook connector to my PC and had the problem. Got my replacement phone and have been using for 48 hrs with same outlook sync and no problems so far, but too soon to tell. I'll report back after a week. One thing worth mentioning; this time round when I set the phone up, I immediately deleted all the included apps I didn't need before even turning them on to try (like Nokia drive, Nokia music...) and I am getting much better battery life. I think once you turn them on and then uninstall they must leave behind 'stuff'.

0 Likes
Leo261
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my replacement phone for 1 week now with no problems. Of course Verizon neglected to refund my money for the phone I returned, had to spend 15 minutes working through that with them to get my $487 back. I took a credit on my account instead of refunded into my Credit Card to avoid more headaches.

0 Likes
shaybah

I've had a perfect relationship with my 822 for 30+ days until this AM when I pulled it out of my pocket, pressed the power button and - nothing.  I knew something in that little black box was still working because my blue tooth in the car recognized it when I got in to visit my Verizon store.  Still I couldn't turn it on.  Obviously this is not an isolated problem 'cause the rep at the store pulled out and replaced my battery and then held down the power button while depressing the decrease volume button at the same time.  The phone turned on and now works fine.

0 Likes