Phone won't turn on
Wendyc329
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone shut off randomly today. I removed battery & tried to power on. It vibrated like it was trying to turn on, the windows, search, back keys lit up, but nothing on screen. I plugged it into charger & tried turning it on, I got a blinking red light. Left it alone for about 30 minutes, thinking maybe it needed to be charged. Came back to check on it, and it was switching from blinking red to blinking green & it was HOT. Took it to the Verizon store, the guy said it was broken & I had to pay full price for a new one or bring in an old phone. It didn't look like he attempted to do anything with it, not even try another battery. He just kept trying to turn it on. Is there anything else I can try?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone won't turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wendyc329,

I see you went through a number of troubleshooting steps with your device!  I would love to help.  Has there been any physical or liquid damages to the device?  If so, and if you have insurance coverage, you can easily file an insurance claim here: http://bit.ly/07CrqPK.

How was the battery life of your device prior to this incident?  Have you tried a different battery or charger?  Is the device within it's one year manufacturer warranty?  Please let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Phone won't turn on
Wendyc329
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, there have been no damages. The battery life was fine. I have a car charger and a regular charger and neither are helping. It is not under warranty. I have not tried another battery, and do not wish to spend $40 on a new one if I don't know that is the problem. I feel that the rep at the store that I went to should have tried that and did not. I have been a customer for 15+ years and never had equipment failure before. Quite honestly, the lack of service makes me not want to be a customer anymore.

Sent from my iPad