Photos saved to memory card don't display for editing/sharing
Odyssey1

I have a Samsung ATIV Odyssey. For the last several months, pictures that I've taken and saved to the micro SD card appeared twice, and sometimes three and four times when I opened the camera roll. The files were written to the card only once. I lived with that. The old card was full, so I replaced it with a new 16GB card. I didn't unmount the card first; but I did power down the phone completely before removing the old card. I don't remember if I powered back up before inserting the new card. I formatted and chose to SAVE PICTURES TO SD CARD. But the pictures I now take do not appear when I open Camera Roll, although the files are on the card and the memory remaining decreases. Now I can't share, let alone see, the pictures and video I take. Did I confuse the system by the way I replaced the old card? What can I do short of a full reset, which would probably make me lose things that were set in the store when I first bought the phone. Hope someone can help. . . Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Photos saved to memory card don't display for editing/sharing
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What other folders are available in the gallery besides "Camera Roll"?  Can you view the photos on the card via USB cable with your computer?

Don't reset your phone - there's no need for that.  Just find out where on the SD card the photos are being stored.

0 Likes
Re: Photos saved to memory card don't display for editing/sharing
Odyssey1

Thanks for the idea, but still no luck. I find the pics in Camera Roll when I use USB cable or read the card directly; but they appear no where when I try to view on my phone. It's like the phone system doesn't display the pics even though they are written to the card. Other ideas?????

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes