Pictures will not open
trt1

When I transfer pictures from my Nokia Lumia 928 to my PC, picture file sizes increase to 33MB or more and will not open & following message is displayed:

"Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because the file appears to be damaged, corrupted, or is too large."  When I try to open with other photo software, similar errors are displayed.  Until today there was no such issue. My wife has the the same exact phone and the same problem happened on her camera previously but it looked like a one time issue since it did not happen after it happening even though we did not change any setting for the camera.  Anyone of you have opinions and/or had the same issue with your camera? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pictures will not open
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi trt1,

We definitely want to get this fixed for you so the pictures are transferred to your computer as well. Are you transferring the picturse using the recommended steps listed here: http://vz.to/1hiuWaj ? Regarding the error message you're receiving, it sounds like something possibly with the computer. I found this on Microsoft's support page about that error message and a fix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2635500 plus you can contact them for more assistance with what they're describing, just in case!

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
trt1

Thank you for the response.

Here is my responses:

1- Yes, pictures are transferred to my computer per http://vz.to/1hiuWaj recommendations.

2- Pictures are in JPEG format, not TIFF format, therefore, the microsoft support that is provided is not applicable.

Additional help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello trt1,

Thank you for trying those steps out. Are these pictures that you cannot open on your computer still on your phone? If so, do the pictures open up just fine on the phone? If you still have them on the phone have you tried to delete the files from the computer and try to re-sync the photos back to the computer? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
trt1

Thank you for the input.

Unfortunately, I had deleted the pictures from the phone since

I was not expecting run into the current issue & before realizing

that files will not open.

Previously there were no problems with the photos until this incident.

Any other ideas from you guys. Thanks ahead of time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

trt1,

Sorry to hear you are still having troubles with the computer and photos. When you created account for your phone it also created a SkyDrive account. You can log in online at skydrive.com and see if the photos are stored in there. It should be your live account information.

RobinD_VZW
VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
trt1

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, none of the photos have been stored there.

Any other possibilities to salvage these photos?

trt1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aww! We just keep encountering challenges, don't we? But yes, trt1. We'll keep working to get those images open! I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a either a format issue or an issue with how the images are being transferred to your PC. Have you tried uploading them to a different PC, just to see if you can view them? Also, when transferring them via USB cable, are you able to view/interact with other media files on your device (such as music or videos) without issue? Can you upload images that were not taken by your camera to your device and view them on the device? Also, what software/application do you use to view images?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
trt1

I strongly believe that this is not an issue created by myPC. It is new with12GB memory, 1TB disk etc & virus free. Every feature works.

I have been trying few things while trying to get some help through this board. As an experiment, I saved some pictures in a file that I

created under my phone's camera roll file and move the file to the desktop of my PC. Few times I had the same issue that I have been

posting here pictures had large sizes and un-openable. However, this was not happening every time I transferred the pics this way. Therefore,

I recommend that pics should not be transferred this way since it does not work in a consistent manner.

I still hope that one of you help in solving the mystery of my initial issue.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details trt1. I understand your computer is functioning well with other features; however, testing your handset with another computer will be a valuable troubleshooting step. If the phone itself is functioning normally and you can open and view photos on the device, our control is limited when we introduce a third party device and software, such as your computer and operating system. I'm sorry we don't have an option to retrieve the photos from the phone if they were not backed up using an application we support, such as Backup Assistant Plus or Verizon Cloud.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes