Re: Please Bring Back Group Messaging in Windows Phone 8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@AZSALUKI,

Group messaging is definitely a handy function to have and a time saver.

As cliffwin mentioned, we are working to get this function working on this device and once available a fix will be pushed to all device. No release date available but you can visit http://bit.ly/n5snpq for updates.

I appreciate your patience.

John_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hazJen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Receiving group messaging is not a time saver, its normal communication.  When colleagues who have successfully communicated with you using this medium in the past can no longer communicate with you, it is more than an inconvenience.

People with other phones wonder why I can't be bothered to respond.   I have to explain to them that Verizon began blocking group texts from my phone, and no I haven't been rude or ignoring them for 6 months.  There is an assumption that this means of communication is reliable.   Frankly, it should be.  

It is my understanding that the Portico update for Windows phone made Group texts on Windows phone fully compatible with Verizon's network.  That version has been distributed.   The customer base needs a better, more complete explanation of the hold up.   Frankly, I don't feel I am getting the services I have paid for.   I am getting fed up.   I have a family plan with 5 phones and moving carriers would be very painful.   I think my only real option is to file FCC and BBB complaints.

Please at least do so digging and provide some real information.  The blog post link that keeps getting thrown around is not useful. 

Thank you,

Matthew

0 Likes
Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

This needs to adressed ASAP. Not 6 months later. This is a pain in the butt, My wife even gave up her Windows Phone device becasue of the lack of this feature. I know a few others in the same case.

Verizon is wrecking the Windows Phone devices on their network, this a HUGE feature to a lot of people.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Customer1234567,

Six months down the line is definitely way too far away. And you can bet that the Windows and Verizon Wireless are both aware and working toward a resolution. No news yet on when we can expect a fix for group messaging, but stay tuned at http://bit.ly/n5snpq .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
yodisbsteve
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why does windows have to even work on it? From what I gather, it worked in the past but VZ disabled it. Kind of ridiculous dont you think?  And why isn't there a timetable? Obviously this is something consumers have been patiently waiting for, giving us a time table would be the right thing to do.

AZSALUKI
Legend

windows doesn't have to work on it. it works fine on other carriers so it's not a windows issue. c'mon verizon!

Restin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds like a losing bet to me. Also, if you're so convinced 6 months is too far away then perhaps you'd be willing to commit to a date?

0 Likes
Customer1234567
Contributor - Level 1

In the new update GDR2/Amber, it is back.... SO everyone can be happy...(at least it's out for the 928 right now)

AZSALUKI
Legend

Just got the update. I guess I'll go back to checking this 928 out. It was seriously unusable if you group text at all.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just got the update on our Lumia 928 - and the group texting WORKS.  Sweet!