Re: Please Bring Back Group Messaging in Windows Phone 8
cliffwin

Just installed the update. My phone is not bricked, and the option for group text (in the Messages app under settings) was off by default. FYI

0 Likes
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't expect much  help from VZ "tech support" on any windows issues. I've my Lumia 928 for about a month and Ive forgotten more bout the phone then VZ claims to know.My 1rst tech support person works part time at VZ. Her only solution  was hard reset i(equivalent of wiping hard drive on computer if you don't know( Finally my call was transferred to some supervisor  guy in California who told me he would have the manager of my local store call me to set up an appt, so she she could personally handle the issue; even told me he knew her personally. She never called so I went to the store. The store doesn't even sell my phone and told me they don't have any experience working on windows phones;all marketing that company these days

0 Likes
Restin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still not available on the HTC 8X . . .

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I can confirm the option for group messaging is now availalble on the 822 after you apply the GDR2 update.  Once you update to to Setting swipe to application and tap on messaging.  The setting is at the bottom and its off by default.

0 Likes
powelljr

are there any settings for the mms apn that need to be done to group text

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

powelljr wrote:

are there any settings for the mms apn that need to be done to group text

yes. see the post directly above yours. it's off by default.

0 Likes
cliffwin

powelljr, for my Lumia928 it worked as soon as I enabled the feature in messages settings (it was off by default)

0 Likes
powelljr

OK, so now I have a really stupid question. This is my first smart phone. Could someone direct me to instructions on how to do group texting. Please excuse my ignorance

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

on the lumia 928, you go to settings. then scroll over to applications. then select messaging. scroll down to group text and turn it on. i'm assuming the 822 would be similar? not sure which phone you have?

edit: if you have the HTC, i don't think it works yet on that phone.

0 Likes
powelljr

I have the 822, and have it turned on, but I don't know what to do or look for from that point on...Any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks

0 Likes