Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Puny simm card
tonja1

The simm card on the Lumia is so puny!  Can I buy and install a new larger card without losing the phones operating system?  And is there are proprietarty brand of card I have to get?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Puny simm card
HappyHelper

I think you're talking about a memory card instead of a sim card. You won't hurt the phone by switching to a larger memory card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The SIM card in the Lumia is likely the micro SIM card size. Only one size card fits.

Also there is a smaller size SIM card used in the iPhones and the Moto X and maybe a few other Android devices. It is called a nano SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tonja1

That makes sense. Im just afraid if I find the one that FITS the sim tray, if I buy a larger capasity one and replace the 2G I will lose my phone operating system.  That would be bad!  The new card needs to have the old cards software transferred.  I think that sounds to techy for me to do.

0 Likes
HappyHelper

I think you're talking about a memory card instead of a sim card. You won't hurt the phone by switching to a larger memory card.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

If the OP is referring to the memory card, the internal memory is a fixed sizeof 16 GB and can't be changed. The phone's operating system is stored on the internal memory.

The Lumia 822 does have a separate micro SD card slot that will support up to a 64 GB micro SD card. The phone doesn't come with one already installed so the OP would have to purchase one themselves.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes