Question mark in battery
greengirl

Has anyone have it so a Question mark (?) shows up in the battery place in the top right corner. My phone has been doing this once in a while but now it is like at least twice a day. I used to just shut my phone off and then turn it back on and that worked but lately that hasn't been working and even if it does work like half my battery is gone when the phone was almost fully charged. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question mark in battery
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Battery might be going bad.  Have you tried removing it, cleaning the contacts, and reinstalling it?

0 Likes
greengirl

I have tried that many times and it still has been doing it.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

So the battery may be going bad.  I'd take it to your local Verizon store and have it checked.  If you need another battery, you probably could find one cheaper off ebay than at a Verizon store.  Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Greengirl and community!

We definitely don't want to see a pesky question mark in your battery indicator! I will be more than happy to provide some additional informaiton.

This indicator can mean a few different things.  The first would be the battery being completley drained and the phone doesn't know what to show for battery percentage.  The second would be a damaged or defective battery. The last would be defective or damaged battery connections on the phone itself.

If it's the first, the solution would be to let the phone completely charge up.  As you've already done this I would have to say yours may be one of the other options.

If you're under your one year warranty, and there's no physical/liquid water damage, your battery can be replaced at no cost.  If you've had the phone for more than one year then you are able to purchase a new battery for your phone.

If you're under your one year warranty, and there's no physical/liquid water damage, or you have extended warranty, you can replace your phone at no cost to you.

Keep us updated!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes