Re: RUMOR: Microsoft dropping Verizon: No more windows phones?
Curmudgeon10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no actual facts or even rumors to add to this conversation; however, because I have dropped TMobile/iPhone and recently switched to Verizon/Lumia 735 Windows 10 Insider Preview and COULDN'T BE HAPPIER with all aspects of this change, I am certain either Microsoft or Verizon will do SOMETHING SOON to ruin my experience.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 735 should be fine with WP10. I was toying with the idea of switching to the 735 myself. But with the prospect of the Surface Phone, I'm holding off on any upgrades.

0 Likes
Bob3536
Enthusiast - Level 1

For what it's worth, I was in the VZW store a week or so ago and there were not Windows phones on display.  I casually mentioned to the VZW guy, "It looks like you guys are getting out of the Windows phone business..".  He replied, "Oh, we have some in the back, they just aren't out on display.

I personally think Microsoft will make it big push for Windows phones next year when the upcoming, rumored, "Surface Pone" is released. I believe that will be an Intel based product that will be capable of running the Win10 universal apps.  That's when we'll find out if Windows phone will take off or not.  Just my opinion.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The nearby VZW store has a 735 out on display.

0 Likes
bgoodbody
Contributor - Level 1

Just ordered 2nd 735 with 100 off

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

I ordered the 950xl from Microsoft, looks like I'll be heading to att

Sent from my Windows Phone

BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

Got do what you got do. I'm sorry you leaving Verizon but if ATT has you for phone go for it. Big cannot invest in Microsoft phones because they are spending 80 million dollars in GO90 app

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to consider a move from our wireless family Geebox. We have great devices available, see all options online at vzw.com/Smartphones

What specific features attract you on that particular phone? We may have phones with the same features. Keep in mind that a phone is only as good as the network behind it.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

X

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Antonio, Verizon Wireless is not carrying any high end Windows phones. Microsoft skipped CDMA certification for the 550 and 950s. Only customers of at&t, T-Mobile and their respective resellers will be able to use those models. The best that VZW can do at this time is offer up the Lumia 735. It is a nice phone for sure, but, it is not a high end/flagship.

robert5050
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

We never want you to consider a move from our wireless family Geebox. We have great devices available, see all options online at vzw.com/Smartphones

What specific features attract you on that particular phone? We may have phones with the same features. Keep in mind that a phone is only as good as the network behind it.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

X

Keep in mind that a network is only as good as the phones they offer.  I've used Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile, and Sprint.  All work just fine for me so I go where the phone is and the Lumia 950 is only on ATT and T-Mobile. 

0 Likes