RUMORED VERIZON GETTING LUMIA 920 and Samsung ATIV S
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

According to Phone Arena, one of their tipsters has informed them that Verizon will be carrying the Lumia 920, Samsung Ativ S, and the HTC 8X (which we already knew was confirmed).  Penciled in dates are in November.  Their source is unofficial, but has given them reliable information in the past, so they have reason to beleive it to be reliable.  Let's hope that it isn't someone with a sick sense of humor.....

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Leaked-Verizon-roadmap-includes-HTC-Droid-Incredible-X-LG-Spectrum-2-...

http://www.wpcentral.com/leak-roadmap-verizon-get-nokia-lumia-920-htc-8x-and-samsung-ativ-s

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: RUMORED VERIZON GETTING LUMIA 920 and Samsung ATIV S
primortal
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, I saw that.  My only excuse is that I'm at work. 

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Same

0 Likes
scolab
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is amazing news if it's true.  Can't wait til November!

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I will throw this out there....  Now that this has been leaked, and that it has been put out there with some degree of reliableness, if it turns out that Verizon does NOT carry the 920, there will be plenty of ANGRY customers jumping ship....

Verizon, are you listening?

0 Likes
sbruton7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm definitely switching from Android to a Windows 8 Phone device.  I've been with Verizon since I first got a cell phone in 2001, but I will consider switching to AT&T, if they do not offer the Nokia Lumia 920.  I'm tired of Verizon's poor phone choice variety, and I'm more committed to going with Windows 8 Phone device than I am to staying with them.  I hope Verizon pays attention to these threads.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I sent an email to the Verizon Executive Assistant, or whatever her title is, that I spoke with a couple weeks ago.  I gave her links to the leaked information so that she can see what we know, so that if it is not true, Verizon can step on it.  It would not be wise for them to let the information stay out there without saying anything if it is untrue, and let customers expect it, only to be let down when device announcements are made.  I also included a link to this thread, and identified myself by my screenname.

For every customer that leaves, it costs between $400 and $600 in marketing and such to replace that customer, so it is in their best interest to keep their existing customers happy to minimize customer churn.  One of the ways to keep us happy is to give us the phones we want.  We want the #Nokia #Lumia920.

Verizon, are you listening?  Can you hear us now?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Well VZW AT&T just basically announced the Lumia 920,

• October 21/22 – Lumia 920 announced for AT&T, including pricing and availability. No word on pre-orders thru AT&T’s main site. Traditionally, AT&T has announced new phones with a pre-order date following a week later.
  • November 4th (Sunday) – Nokia Lumia 920 goes on sale in stores

http://www.wpcentral.com/details-att-nokia-lumia-920-launch-plan-emerge

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

This makes more sense than the previously rumored November 2 date, since ATT typically releases on Sunday, and the 2nd is Friday. 

Verizon, can you hear us now?  It doesn't appear so....

0 Likes