Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Random "Invalid SIM" messages
jasqid

So i have had this black 8x since launch day. i got my first invalid sim msg on dec13, and second with in 24hrs of first. i contacted vzwsupport and winphonesupport via twitter. both units advised to pull and re-seat the sim card . ive done that and got a third error last tuesday. i was then further advised to reseat the sim again and also change the roaming toggle under the cellular setting.

well, i got my 4th invalid sim error this morning after booting it up from a manual over nite power off. happened with in  3 minutes and everytime has been, totally random.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Random "Invalid SIM" messages
drichter
Novice

It sounds like you just need a new SIM Card. Go into the store and request one. They are free.

0 Likes
drichter
Novice

Also make sure there is nothing on the SIM card metal. Such as smudges, finger prints, dust, etc.

0 Likes
seacreature

Experienced this issue on the first 8x i received in November 2012 and on new one sent by verizon in May 2013. Since then, I have tried replacing the sim and later adding tape, neither have fixed this problem.

0 Likes