Really would like an annoucement on whether Verizon is going to carry the Nokia lumia 920
btonline

Currenly own the iPhone 4S and plan to move to the Nokia Lumia 920, so need to know if Verizon is going to carry it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Really would like an annoucement on whether Verizon is going to carry the Nokia lumia 920
primortal
Master - Level 1

We probably won't hear anything directly from VZW until MS announces Windows Phone 8 towards the end of the month; rumors are 10/29.  But we will probably hear from unofficial channels like Engadget, WMPowerUser, WMPowerUser, PocketPC before hand

0 Likes
Re: Really would like an annoucement on whether Verizon is going to carry the Nokia lumia 920
Jawbone957
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just announced Verizon is not getting it. Why should we expect Verizon to get the most exciting phone coming out this year.

primortal
Master - Level 1

Jawbone957 can you post the link about VZW not getting it?  I've seen the announcement for AT&T and they don't speak for VZW

Found it, http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23417&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35477&mapcode=consumer%7Cmobile-...

<Profanity removed per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
ericb223
Enthusiast - Level 2

This does not mean that Verizon isn't going to have a Windows Phone from Nokia. They're just not going to have the Lumia 920 or the Lumia 820. Verizon has stated that a Nokia Windows Phone will be out later this year. No details on that though.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I'm just thoroughly disgusted.  After all the hype, all the hope, all the getting worked up, all the "we're going to support Windows Phone as the third ecosystem", Verizon has shown themselves to be the anti-consumer company that we've all been saying/feeling that they are.

As a Windows Phone developer, Verizon customer, and Nokia stockholder, I want to vomit.

Stephen Elop, I demand your resignation.

I will hang on to my Trophy until the contract is up, or until the ETF is low enough on the two of them that I feel like paying it.  Then I will look for an unlocked Windows Phone and find a no-contract carrier to put it on.  Unless there is a TOP of the line phone - no, I'm not settling for the 8X - I want the camera that's in the 920 - if I can't have the 920 or better, I'm done with Verizon.  That is my final decision.

Verizon, I know you can't hear me now.  The reason the guy in the commercials kept asking is because you never heard him from the first time he asked.

primortal
Master - Level 1

See the problem is that yes VZW is supporting Windows Phone 8 it's just not the phone we want it on.  Don't get me wrong I want the 920 (922) just as bad as everyone else.  But I think VZW sees the 8X and ATIV S as supporting Windows Phone 8 ecosystem.

We're caught between a rock and a hard place.

It's just Nokia is sealing it own fate if they are sticking with AT&T thinking they are going to return to greatness.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

They may be "supporting" Windows Phone, but they're not TRULY supporting it unless they give us a FULL range of phones, from the low end to the high end.  Some people want TOP of the line.  I want the camera that is in the 920, and will settle for nothing less.  I have $10k in SLR camera equipment that I use as a hobby that has really made me very little money - probably less than a couple hundred over the last 20 years.  I want the camera.  Other people want the sound from the HTC phones.  Others are going to want the Ativ.  Some will want low end and go with either the 820 or the 8s.  But without offering a full range, you're not going to get the full spectrum of the users, and if you look at the threads in this forum as a small piece of the pie, you see that the 920 is in great demand, and the 920 is the phone that they passed up.  IDIOTS!

Drazyw
Enthusiast - Level 3

They will have an 820 (822).  The exclusive is for the 920. It's too bad though because the 820 is a vastly inferior device and the 8X looks like a cheap knockoff, and I'm so Samsunged out. Totally bummed here. So disappointed it's almost worth me moving to AT&T and suffering through crap LTE coverage. Their is nothing else on the verizon roadmap that interests me.

Pavlovscow
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is EXACTLY how I feel.  I was excited for the 900 only to find out they weren't carrying it.  Then I waited months for the Thunderbolt only to be be overcharged and given an inferior product due to its poor battery life.  Now they announce a partnership with Nokia only to find out they will only carry their mid range and low phones presumably.  They also fail to inform us when and what will be available. 

If Verizon values us as customers, and sees AT&amp;T announcing exclusives on products we want, wouldn't they at least try to communicate with us the situation.  Tell me, "we tried but Nokia outbid us."  Tell me, "we think the 8x is the definitive windows phone."  Tell me, "We will be launching a strong windows lineup of x, y, and z and our proud to offer our customers choices on xx date." 

All I can assume by their silence is that verizon can't even pretend to support the windows phone 8 community.  They want us to stay with them hoping for some revolutionary announcement.  By the time we figure out Verizon isn't going to properly support the upper echelon windows phones, we will simply be too exhausted to actually switch.

that's how I felt with windows phone 7.  I won't be taken by "hope" again.  What's the worst that happens?  I switch, get the phone I want and get lousy coverage for a year or two?  I want it for the camera and the maps, which support offline.  i can find out if the coverage is really that bad in LA county.

I'm giving Verizon until end of November to impress me with a phone.  If not, it's AT&amp;T.   I'll switch back for something I want, not before.

0 Likes