Remote access my contacts
DCOQXS

Hi,

The video died on my Lumina phone. I just got a new Verizon phone. I need to get my contacts from my old phone. I didnt have my contacts synced with the cloud. Can Verizon remote into my old phone, retrieve the contacts, and either send me a written list of the names and numbers or post them on my Verizon cloud (which I may have to set up.?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote access my contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DCOWXS, having access to your contacts is paramount. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. While we do provide remote diagnostics for compatible devices, we do not have remote access to your personal content that's in the device. If you were syncing your contacts to an email account and not the cloud, you can retrieve them from that email account (under Contacts). If the device does power on and isn't damaged in the charging port, you can also contact our direct store (if you have a location nearby - see attached link) to see if they have the cable available that would allow contact transfer. This method will not be a guarantee however as most times a setting must be enabled in the device for it to work. As such, if it's not already enabled, they wouldn't be successful in performing that transfer without being able to see the display screen.  http://vz.to/1bYc0fx

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you already verified your contacts weren't synced to your Outlook account or another account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DCOWXS, having access to your contacts is paramount. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. While we do provide remote diagnostics for compatible devices, we do not have remote access to your personal content that's in the device. If you were syncing your contacts to an email account and not the cloud, you can retrieve them from that email account (under Contacts). If the device does power on and isn't damaged in the charging port, you can also contact our direct store (if you have a location nearby - see attached link) to see if they have the cable available that would allow contact transfer. This method will not be a guarantee however as most times a setting must be enabled in the device for it to work. As such, if it's not already enabled, they wouldn't be successful in performing that transfer without being able to see the display screen.  http://vz.to/1bYc0fx

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes