Removing a device
GySgt

I want to remove a [hone or two from my contract.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Removing a device
rcschnoor
Legend

You will have to call CS or go into a corporate Verizon store to do so.

Customer Service

(800) 922-0204

or dial *611 from your mobile phone
View the *611 On-Screen App for Android Video
6:00am - 11:00pm Monday-Sunday
Emergency Service Hours
11:00pm - 6am Monday-Sunday

0 Likes
jackiealbert

Do you get charged for early removal? One of the lines that we have on our account is no longer needed, as my Mother has recently passed away. Would it be more cost effective to keep it going until our contract is up for renewal?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If a line is under contract, there is an ETF for cancelling a line BEFORE completing the contract.

From the customer agreement

" If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device, your early termination fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. Otherwise, your early termination fee will be $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete. "

Of course, you could ask if Verizon would waive the ETF in the case of your mother's death when speaking with CS. They may or may not do so. Good luck and sorry for your loss.

0 Likes
mrszb87
Enthusiast - Level 1

Call customer service... tell them you no longer need the device or line because you found a better deal elsewhere.

0 Likes