Replacement phone and losing apps/settings
Johnny_Rocket

I had to recently replace my phone due to damage.  I have my new phone is there anyway to easily get retrieve all apps and settings as your old phone w/o losing anything?  Also what about data?  I know that my camera roll is on my sky drive but what about anything else?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Replacement phone and losing apps/settings
chudster94
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you've installed apps via Zune, I believe they will get reinstalled automatically next time you sync. If you've installed them OTA, I'm not sure if there's any way to get them reinstalled without redownloading them individually.

As far as your data, your contacts, calendar appts, etc. should all be backed up on your Live account that was set up on the original phone so these should sync back automatically.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

You can go to my.windowsphone.com and send apps to your phone OTA.  There will be a list of apps you have purchased.  Click the install button for the ones you want to put on the new phone.

0 Likes
bc3tech
Contributor - Level 2
It would've been an interesting experiement to take the microSD card out of your old one (since it was damaged anyway) and pop it in the new one to see if it'd be a slap-in transfer. Haven't heard of anybody trying this w/ a WP7 yet.
0 Likes