Reset 928, wont get update now.
Fadetonight
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to reset my 928 so I could put my other MS account on it instead. I had the new (Amber) update installed and I figured like most phones it would not wipe the updates to the phone, but it did. Now when I go to update my phone it says its current (even though its not running Amber). My wife just got her 928 today and that updated fine. So what do you think, it will show up in time, or take it in to Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reset 928, wont get update now.
NeoAnderson
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't have any kind of meaningful answer, nor have I read or heard anything to substantiate what I am going to say, but I do find this situation curious, and possibly a positive development.  This would be the second thread I have seen where someone with a newly reset phone, or warranty replacement phone has been unable to get the Amber/GDR2 update in the past couple of days.  It makes me wonder if VZW has halted rolling it out because of problems found in the update.  Among other things, FM Radio does not work, Call+SMS filtering/blocking does not work, and now twice within 24 hours my phone (which had never had a crash) has crashed resulting in the need to do a hard power reset. 

Like I say, I have no inside knowledge but I do wonder if they have halted deploying this because of problems that are surfacing.

0 Likes
Fadetonight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lets hope you are right! I was excited to get the update but discouraged when the one feature I was looking forward too (SMS+Call Filtering) didn't work. After reading your post and  looking at my wife's phone again the update she got was not the Amber/GDR2 update. So lets cross our fingers and hope your reasoning is correct! Let us also hope this is a quick turnaround if indeed it is whats happening.

0 Likes
AtomicInternet
Contributor - Level 1

I'm surprised you can't get the update, mine went off without a hitch.  I haven't had any issues with my phone since the update, and love the new pro camera app.  I'd suggest powering down, removing your SIM and trying it over WiFi only.  If that doesn't work power it down and put the SIM back in.  Just something to try.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Fadetonight,

I also like to keep my phone updated with the latest software and I understand your concerns regarding the software upgrade issues with your phone. Please ensure that you are attempting to update while in WiFi as it will only update when WiFi connection is available and enabled. What's the specific software version currently on your phone?

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes