Response from Verizon about lack of Lumia device support
ITGuyJeff
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am wanting to know what the exact problem is with issuing Lumia updates from this carrier. As of today in the United States the only carrier that has to issue an update to Cyan for Lumia devices is Verizon. We have the Denim update coming to Lumia devices here soon. Then there is the confirmation that next year when Windows 10 premieres devices that are running Windows 8.1 will be able to update but Denim, and subsequently Cyan updates, will be required to perform this update. Honestly I am very displeased with this support and this lack of ability to get the update out, whoever might be involved in that, but seeing as every other carrier in the United States has the update available then there has to be something that Verizon is making difficult in deployment. Seeing as really this should not be Verizon's decision as to when this update is delivered originally, because it is not like a computer's updates is dictated by an ISP, this is something that really is rubbing my fur the wrong way. Thus I would like to open yet another discussion thread on this issue and see if Verizon will give any additional details as to why they are the last service provider to update their old devices considering that they also have the smallest line of products from now Microsoft, they have reduced that line of product recently and they have yet to make any official comment on the issue or if we will ever see the device. I am very patient but 6 months to get an update is a little ridiculous.Cyan Update Status.png

Labels (1)
Re: Response from Verizon about lack of Lumia device support
BigBearacuda
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amen brother!!

0 Likes
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

They don't care. They haven't responded to the other umpteen threads and they won't respond to this one either.

BigBearacuda
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon does not care about Windows Phone Users! It is very obvious. Why did they pull the Icon? Why did they not start testing the Cyan update in a timely manner? Why do they not respond? THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT WINDOWS PHONE USERS!

0 Likes