Ringtone for a contact
jimh63
Enthusiast - Level 1
Setting a ringtone for a contact isn't working correctly. I edited the contact and selected one of the ringtones. I have checked to make sure the chage is there but when that contact calls I get the default ringtone and not the one I have set for the contact. Has anyone else run into this? Suggestions?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ringtone for a contact
jimh63
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured out the issue. It was the formatting of the phone number. I had another contact where the assigned ringtone worked fine. In looking at the differences I noticed the one that worked was formatted as (555) 555-5555. The one that didn't work was formatted as +1 (555) 555-5555. I changed the number to the format of the first one and then the assigned ringtone worked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Ringtone for a contact
jimh63
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured out the issue. It was the formatting of the phone number. I had another contact where the assigned ringtone worked fine. In looking at the differences I noticed the one that worked was formatted as (555) 555-5555. The one that didn't work was formatted as +1 (555) 555-5555. I changed the number to the format of the first one and then the assigned ringtone worked.

0 Likes