Samsung Ativ Odyssey WP 8.1 Can't send MMS text
tjk031

Hi I have a Samsung Odyssey WP 8.1.  After 8.10.12359.845 update I can't send MMS messages.  I get this error "Can't send media content. Contact your mobile operator to adjust your settings."

I have gone to a corporate store and they were unable to assist.

I believe its in the MMS APN settings.. below is the input info I believe I need,

APN

User Name

Password

Authentication type (PAP/CHAP)

WAP gateway (URL)

WAP gateway port

MMSC (URL)

MMSC port

Maximum MMS size

IP type (IPv4, IPv6, IPv4v6)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Ativ Odyssey WP 8.1 Can't send MMS text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello tjk031, let's solve this mystery! Is regular text sms going through? Do you have wifi turned off when sending and receiving over our network? The next best step is to run a hard reset. Please make sure contacts, pics, accounts, and files are backed up first. Here's steps to get the phone back to default settings: http://vz.to/1pxZIM8

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tjk031

HI,

regular SMS text works just fine.  Same result if wifi is turned off or not.  I have replaced SIM card. I have also completed hard reset.  After hard reset I had to go to settings an add vzwinternet  apn name and enable mobile data connection for data to work.

under settings>cellular/sim>sim settings mode selection is global mode.  I also have a setting to edit MMS APN.  after hard reset it is blank. when sending mms I get error trying to send "contact service provider to adjust your settings".  When I add mms apn settings found on the net. It takes a minute or so after trying to send mms and comes up with error can't send message try again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tjk031,

Got it, let's get this matter resolved! Please change your settings to LTE and CDMA. You can change these settings by going to settings, Cellular, mode selection and LTE CDMA. Also if you could please ensure your wifi connection is off and retest.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tjk031

Hi Karen,

I Get the same result changing to LTE and CDMA and wifi is turned off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you tjk031 for completeing all troubleshooting! I would like to assist further so that we can get those messages to come in. I just sent you a follow request, please accept and follow me back.

Then send me a private message with the information so that I can help.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bjacobson4

I am having the same problem.  I have done numerous soft resets and a hard reset.  Have tried with WiFi on and  off.  I always get the same result.  Can't send or receive pictures of data with text messages.  Plain text messages work fine but pictures and contact data will not work.  Verizon sent me a new Sim card but that did not solve the problem.  Sure would appreciate some help with this. 

0 Likes
tjk031

Hi!

Yep,  I'm still having the same issue.  After going back and forth with Verizon via private msgs the issue is still not resolved.  I ended up buying a used S4... I popped in the SIM card and able to receive and send MMS.  I would still like to have the issue resolved with the Ativ.

I think for some reason the Ativ after the update and or hard reset its not downloading the MMS APN setting automatically.  Do you have the same screen under SIM settings to add an APN for MMS?wp_ss_20140610_0001.png

0 Likes
bjacobson4

I have the same settings  Nothing I do seems to fix the problem.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello Community, it is our commitment to provide a top notch experience. In keeping with our commitment, we have a status update regarding the operating system issues. After further review, the Windows 8.1 update that was installed on the devices was a Developer Preview released by Microsoft. The developer preview is a 3rd party update that was non-approved through us and will cause some of the device behaviors described. Test software or pre-released Beta software would be supported through the manufacturer in which it was sent from. We appreciate your continued patience in this matter.

Wilton A.

VZW Support

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes