Samsung Brightside: Music while texting/ browsing phone?
supremeaubergine

How can I listen to music while I text/browse through this phone? Every time I try to leave the music page to do anything on the phone, it shuts the music off and it's so aggravating! It seems ridiculous that you wouldn't be able to listen to music while you send/receive text messages. Am I just doing something wrong, or is it really not able to do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside: Music while texting/ browsing phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear supremeaubergine,

Good morning. Having your music interrupted each time you send a text can be frustrating. Let's look at options in keeping your music on and text at the same time.

How is your music imported to your phone? Are they stored on a memory card or directly on the phones memory? To keep music on while sending a text message or browing through your phone, try pressing the end key to send music to the background and then compose your text or try browsing through the phone. If this does not work, please reach out to us for further assistance. Have a great day!

Thank You,
Michelle_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Gizmo501
Enthusiast - Level 3

as someone with a brightside and interested in this as well I can tell you that this just exited out of the music setting.

0 Likes
supremeaubergine

No, pressing the end key just kicks me out of the music player all together. I can receive texts without it doing that, but in order to compose a new message or do anything else on the phone, it will kick me out of the music player and the music will shut off.

My music is currently only a couple of songs on the phone's memory, but I had the same issue when I still had my memory card and the music was stored on that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

supremeaubergine, thanks for the details. After reviewing the user manual for this device, http://vz.to/wsymvN I apologize that there are no steps that allow you to listen to music and send text messages at the same time. Once you migrate away from the music player, it will automatically stop the music from playing.

Lasina_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kelllou
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just figured out how to text without stopping the music. Just open the slide-out qwerty keyboard and press the second button from the top on the far left that looks like a blue envelope. If you want to choose someone from your contacts, tap the "add" button at the bottom of the screen.

Gizmo501
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks

0 Likes