Samsung Brigntside: touch screen not responding when keyboard is open. Also, list of all basic phones that can be activated without a data package.
cmsab92

Ive had a Samsung Brigntside for a while now, great condition, and no damage whatsoever! Last night the touch screen completely stopped responding when the keyboard was open. What could be the cause of this? What can I do to fix this?

Fortunately the phone is still covered by warranty by Samsung and they want me to send it in for repair, which can take 5-14 business days. I have an old Samsung Intensity phone, and a Samsung intensity II. Could I reactivate one of the two to use while my phone is being repaired?

What is a list of all verizon basic phones that I can use on a normal contract ( not prepay and not requiring any data packages )

Also is there anyway they can repair my phone in a Verizon store? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brigntside: touch screen not responding when keyboard is open. Also, list of all basic phones that can be activated without a data package.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Samsung Intensity phones are basic feature phones so they can be activated without a data plan.

Verizon Wireless doesn't have any repair option in the stores.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brigntside: touch screen not responding when keyboard is open. Also, list of all basic phones that can be activated without a data package.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Christina Sabella wrote:

What is a list of all verizon basic phones that I can use on a normal contract ( not prepay and not requiring any data packages )

It's really hard to come up with a list as so many have come and gone over the years. Some are still available on eBay, swappa and other sites. I know  we have several in a box "just in case". 

Most likely if it's a "flip phone" (clamshell style) it's "basic"), if it has a touchscreen it's a data phone, but there are always exceptions.  If you have a specific model and manufacturer it would be easy enough to tell you if you need a data plan or not for that particular phone.

Christina Sabella wrote:

Last night the touch screen (on a Samsung Brightside) completely stopped responding when the keyboard was open. What could be the cause of this? What can I do to fix this?

Try pulling the battery while the phone is on, then reinserting it and rebooting the phone.  Other than that, I'm not sure why the touchscreen would stop working....

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brigntside: touch screen not responding when keyboard is open.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dealing with touchscreen issues is no fun cmsab92. I can understand how frustrating this is for you because it definitely makes it hard to use your phone properly. A battery  pull as SuzyQ suggested is a great place to start. Also try charging the phone. If the phone is not damaged physically or by water and less then a year old, it will also be covered under our warranty to. We can replace the phone for no charge within the year of purchase if its having defective issues we cant resolve and there is no damage to the phone. You can stop by a store to have the phone evaluated or call us from an alt phone to do trouble-shooting. SuzyQ is also correct in regards to the many basic phones we carry. The phone you are trying to activate does not require a data package and our system will let you know if data is needed before you change it in our system for your line. If a data package is needed, you will have to choose one before proceeding. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

KinquanaH_Vzw

0 Likes