Samsung Gusto 3: How do I change the number of rings before it goes to Voicemail?
jnksnmbr2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Gusto 3: How do I change the number of rings before it goes to Voicemail?

I have tried Settings on the phone, looked in the User's Guide, checked the automated "Support" section online, and I can't find out how to change the number of times the phone rings before it goes to Voicemail. Currently it rings SEVEN times which is way too many. I mostly use the phone for getting messages, but it doesn't seem fair to expect people to wait that long in order to leave a voicemail message -- some people don't have the option of texting.

I even started an online Chat at the Samsung website, but they referred me back to Verizon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Gusto 3: How do I change the number of rings before it goes to Voicemail?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's set by the system at roughly 30 seconds.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gusto 3: How do I change the number of rings before it goes to Voicemail?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's set by the system at roughly 30 seconds.

0 Likes
jnksnmbr2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, tikibar1 -- it just seems like there must be some way to change it ...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes a different ringtone helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You want to reduce the time before voicemail kicks in; several others have asked that the time be increased to give them more time to answer.... making it adjustable to your preference would be an ideal solution (as you can with some landline voicemail systems).  That isn't an option, and Verizon has set it at 30 seconds.  Some want it shorter, some want it longer, some are OK with it as it is.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon swears they can increase the number of rings, which would increase the ring time before VM picks up.  I cannot confirm that, even though I had issues in the past and they said they increased the rings from 8 to 10.  Could have been a rep's ploy to "solve" the issue and move on to another call.

0 Likes
jnksnmbr2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, Ann154.

0 Likes
jnksnmbr2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, SuzyQ.

0 Likes
jnksnmbr2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, Snn5.

copa6

According to Verizon (see post from July How do I change the number of rings before voicemail picks up?) they no longer have the ability to change ring times in their network. Seems ridiculous that a major carrier cannot accomplish this simple feature. AT&T supports it.

0 Likes