Re: Samsung Intensity 3 Out of Memory
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

You can have a data block on your phone while still allowing picture messages (which are part of your text package, not a data plan). But this has to be set up correctly. Go to My Verizon and check all your features to make sure Internet services are blocked but not MMS.

As far as using an SD card, the internal memory on basic phones is so measly it can be filled with just a few pics or a video. I'd at least pick up an inexpensive 2GB card.

0 Likes
Maco70

I can take send and receive picture messages. This never has affected my texting plan.

Read more closely this time: Quote from above "All 'unwanted' text messages, pictures, videos, call logs, and applications have been removed, and I still get the message."

That is to say my phone has no pictures, videos, music, or even call history stored on local memory.

And yet I still get this message every so often:

"Your phone has reached the maximum number of files. Please remove applications and/or files to clear space."

I use my phone to make calls, and receive texts messages from work. On the odd chance there is a photo message it is deleted promptly.

The message comes from backup assistant. It came with the phone and there is no way to remove it.

0 Likes
redtillman
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know if you do a *228 option 1 it will fix the whole situation. A

verizon chat rep told me that and it worked. I was having the same issue

0 Likes
Maco70

4th time you mentioned it, and I guess I never stated that I had also tried this.

Did not fix the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Maco70,

We can always help! How much free internal memory is on the device http://vz.to/1aPNWD1? The memory capacity of this device is 105MB (built-in, flash shared memory). Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Maco70

With one picture saved and whatever text/call history still on my phone:

38.21 MB available and 70.35 MB used (for a total of 108.56 MB mind you).

The one photo I have saved being 334 KB.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information Marco70. This is definitely one for unsolved mystery. The next step to resolve is to perform a hard reset on the device or acquire a memory card. Let me know how to proceed so we can take the appropriate option. I'm looking forward to your reply.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
unofficialvoice

I am having the same problem.

I have EVERYTHING but my contacts cleared out of the phone.

I have one app installed: Tetris

Memory is being taken up in the multi-media folder; the only thing it could be is the app.

38MB of Tetris?

So if I run the re-program, it gets rid of the error - but is the app gone? Do I have to pay for it again? My contacts will be fine?

It just seems odd that I cannot clear out that kind of memory from the phone without having to reprogram everything.

Help...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate you taking the time to reach out! I want to ensure that your able to use your device freely without concern for memory. Do you have an SD card in the device? The reason I ask is to see if you're able to move the contacts to the SD card.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Blavers
Enthusiast - Level 1

*228 then "1" also worked for me.

0 Likes