Samsung convoy - exits service area and freezes intermittantly
ferdy

This is my second Samsung Convoy. Verizon replaced the phone for me because I was having an issue with not being able to hear callers sometimes (they could hear me). However, I was instructed to keep my old battery for the new phone.

I'm not having that same issue anymore. However there is another issue now. I live in an apartment with excellent Verizon coverage. But every so often (twice today), I am unable to place any calls - the phone shows that it is dialling, but I don't hear ringing and never get connected to the other person. When I try to turn off the phone, it freezes. I have to take out and replace the battery. When I turn the phone on again, it says Exiting Service Area/Entering Service Area and then it works again.

This did happen once or twice with the first phone prior to replacement, as well. But happens more frequently now.

I'm wondering if it could be a problem with the battery?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung convoy - exits service area and freezes intermittently
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I'm sorry your having another issue with your Samsung Convoy. The issue could be with your phone or battery. You can have your phone and battery evaluated at a corporate store location in your area to determine which is causing the issue. Here is a link to the store locator. 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/storelocator/index.jsp

Also, you can try updating your phone by dialing *228 send and option number #2 periodically.

The last step would be to perform a Master reset. This will reset your phone setting back to their original default settings. The steps are listed below:

This procedure will erase all user data and restore the handset to the original factory settings.

1. From the main screen, press OK to choose MENU.
  2. Select Settings & Tools then press OK.
  3. Select Phone Settings then press OK.
  4. Select Security then press OK.
  5. Enter the Security Code then press OK.
    Note Default is the last 4 digits of the phone number.
  6. Select Restore Phone then press OK.
  7. Select Yes then press OK.
  8. Press OK.
  9. Enter the Security Code then press OK.
    Note Default is the last 4 digits of the phone number.

0 Likes