Saving photos to a micro SD card.
Verizon2005
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want to remove all my info from my current (basic) phone, Samsung enV3. Thus, I knew I needed to move my photos to the phone's micro SD card which I could then remove and transfer to my computer. I wanted to retain the integrity of the photo (i.e. the date/time taken).  When I moved the photos to the SD card, each photo now shows TODAY's date (in its file info/details) versus the ACTUAL date the photo was taken.  What??   When viewed via computer the "properties" (via right-click, then drop-down box) shows the same--that each and every photo was created TODAY.  How in the world do I get it to maintain the original information.  Some photos are years old, and I now have no idea when they were taken.  PLEASE HELP!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Saving photos to a micro SD card.
deloused
Master - Level 3

You are actually transferring those pictures correctly and in tact it's just that those older file types don't have the functionality you're looking for.

The Env3 takes and stores photos that are in the .TN format, which doesn't have the capability of storing metadata such as actual date/time/location within the file itself. With older photo file types like those the date/time can only be dictated by when they were last saved to the storage location they're being viewed on.

You could consider 1) Downloading a program to your computer capable of converting those pictures from the .TN files to the .JPEG format, 2) Then you could download a Metadata Editor program in order to for you to manually change the creation dates for the .JPEG files on your computer by comparing them to the dates shown on the Env3 for when the .TN files were saved on the phone.

0 Likes