Saving ringtones- Lumia 822
SouthsideDave

Installed free ringtone app and saved a few ringtones.
They appear in Settings /  Ringtones, but nowhere else.
See no way of saving them to pc, sd card or ringtone folder in phone.

Tried Zune, Nokia PC Suite and Windows phone app for Windows 7 and 8.
Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Saving ringtones- Lumia 822
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I also love to have customized ringtones for callers (I am a lover of music)
Windows devices can be a little tricky at first, however Nokia has a helpful guide on their support page that gives steps to complete this task.
http://bit.ly/14NM7af

Tamara_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SouthsideDave

Appreciate your help.
Never had much of an issue saving music and ringtones to the 822.
My problem is saving Custom Ringtones currently on there to either pc  or sd card for backup.

Tried a number of things.
Nokia PC Suite and Microsoft Zune were a waste of time.
Windows Explorer sees all items added via usb, including ringtones and other audio files.
Windows Phone for Windows 7 and 8 sees the pictures and videos on the phone, but none of the ringtones.

The Custom Ringtones giving me issues were downloaded and saved via an app titled Free Ringtones by Fast Code.

Nothing I've tried can see those, or the OEM tones from Verizon and Nokia.
They are only accessible from Settings / Ringtones or while editing contacts via People.

Knowing Microsoft as well as I do, I suspect there is no way to accomplish what I'm trying.
Just hoped someone knew a trick that would work.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

SouthsideDave wrote:

My problem is saving Custom Ringtones currently on there to either pc  or sd card for backup.

I use phonezoo - you can send the ringtone to your PC (email) as well as to the phone - and it is saved online at phonezoo in "MyZoo".  As to the ringtones already on the phone, I'm not sure you can back them up to your computer the way you want to.  That's one of the frustrating things I've found with the Lumia (928, but similar to the 822)  is not being able to fully access the "file system" like I can on my Android phone.

0 Likes