Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Selective sync process with Yahoo mail contacts in importing them to Windows 8x phone?
Smole

"Syncing" (importing) Yahoo mail messages and contacts appears simple. Setting > email etc, select Yahoo and it creates a Yahoo tile and imports individual contacts into People Hub. Except that out some 120 contacts I have in my online Yahoo account only some 50 were brought over. I tried exporting a Microsoft Outlook CSV file to Outlook.com and the same thing happens. A number of such contacts are simple, just a name (letters, numbers, @ sign only) and an email address but they did not make it.

Oh sorry, I bought a new Windows Phone 8x 4G LTE unit that is fantastic....except for this problem.

Anyone has a suggestion how I could bring over the other contacts (so that I do not have to do it manually, one by one, on the phone)?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Selective sync process with Yahoo mail contacts in importing them to Windows 8x phone?
Smole

Found a solution (there may be others): since I read that a problem may be with strange characters/info in my Yahoo Mail contacts, I extrapolated a Microsoft Outlook CSV file from the Yahoo account. Brought the file into a spread sheet and erase all the info except for the individual names and email addresses. Then save the file in the same format. Opened my Outlook.com account, went to People, then 'import from file' and designated this CSV file and it came over without a hitch.

I hope this is of help to others facing this problem. Best,

0 Likes