Sent Letter to VP and Chief Marketing Officer
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Here is the link to the about page for VP and Chief Marketing Officer, Marni Walden.

http://bit.ly/iAKpSp

I sent her the following letter (click the link at the bottom of her page)

Ms. Walden,

I am contacting you as a very disgusted customer.  Since last fall, I have been waiting for Verizon to release a Windows Phone 7 device.  I learned in the fall that this device would not be available on the CDMA networks, and as a software developer, I understand how Microsoft had not yet implemented support for it.  However, Verizon has been stringing its customers along for about five months now with the implied promise of a Windows Phone 7 device, yet has not delivered.

In December, VZW advertized to Microsoft employees the Trophy, and it promised an "Early 2011" delivery.  That offer had an expiration date of 12/31/2010, although that delivery has been pushed back to March, April, and May, and the delivery time range has been removed from the flier. 

On March 23 the CDMA Sprint HTC Arrive was released.  CDMA support was finally here.  But Verizon dragged its feet.  An April launch was expected, because despite the tight lips at Verizon, pictures were leaked of a Verizon branded Trophy, as well as an April expiration date on the Microsoft employee offer.  That came and went.  Now two Thursdays in May have come and gone without the device that many of us are waiting for.

You are not doing anything but making customers angry by dragging your feet, not releasing the device, and not giving us a release date.  You are holding on to a phone that was available in Europe last October, albeit without CDMA support.  Which means if you wait much longer you will be releasing a year-old phone.  Do you think it is all right to treat your customers like this?  Are you that ticked off at Microsoft over the failure of the Kin that you are willing to drag your customers who want the Windows Phone through the mud like this?

It is high time for whomever at Verizon is throwing the temper tantrum about the Kin to get over it, and give us the phone we want.  I don't want one of the 47 different Android phones you now carry.  I don't want the iPhone.  I and many well-informed consumers like me, want a Windows Phone 7 device.  Please quit holding us hostage.

Sincerely,

Richard Hopkins

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sent Letter to VP and Chief Marketing Officer
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

Couldn't have said it better...

TheJester77

0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

One More Point To Agree Upon!!!

If Verizon gives us last years TROPHY, we literally are a year behind on HARDWARE SPECS!!!  And now I hear rumblings of Verizon only giving customers a 16gb MicroSHDC card included and not the 32gb MicroSHDC which was announced to Microsoft Employee's in the first offer...  Not Cool!!!

This is exactly what happened to me with my HTC Imagio with Verizon... 

I hope all this wait is for a NEW HTC Windows Phone 7 Device that has not been released in the WILD YET!!!

Make Us Happy Big Red!!!

TheJester77

0 Likes
Maryelle

I've sent a similar message to Ms. Marni Walden, Verizon Wireless Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer.

I think that I can only wait another 2 weeks before I switch service providers...

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Everyone send her a message.  Let her know I'm not the only one.

0 Likes
Talzor

Here's what I sent:

Dear Ms. Walden,

I am a long time Verizon customer... have been since the Air Touch days and up until now I have been VERY please with VZW.
Those days are now past since I have been waiting (along with alot of other people) since last year for WZW to offer the Windows Phone 7.
I work at Microsoft and signed up for the $100.00 credit and all the other goodies I am to get upon launch but I have to ask... will that day ever come?
If so when?

We have been hearing dates since last year and all have come and gone with no Windows Phone 7. We have been teased week after week with dates, then posts about Best Buy having it on their web-site, Xbox Live blade had an "ad" yesterday about something exclusive but was pulled within a few hours... what is the deal here?

PLEASE give us some answers here... there is a reason I want the phone (and no not because it's free or that I work at Microsoft) I have used a Windows Phone 7 device a a co-worker let me use to check it out and I was so please with it that I REALLY REALLY want one now. Not to mention that it does everything I want a smartphone to do.

I don't want an Andoid or an iPhone I have used those devices as well and was not at all impressed with the OS or the phone. Please let the loyal VZW customers know when we can get our Windows 7 Phone.

Thank you very much

David Foster
Loyal VZW Customer for over 15 years.

Not sure it will do any good but I thought why not!

0 Likes
Tripp06

I have voiced my concerns as well.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I just got a phone call, two in fact, but the poetic justice is that the call dropped (which doesn't normally happen in my house).   The phone call came from 678-339-4000, which, when googled turns out to be the Verizon Wireless headquarters in Alpharetta, GA (about an hour from here).

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-678-339-4000

I really wish I'd gotten to talk to them.  If anyone else gets a call back after sending a message to them, please post!  I hope they call back!

0 Likes
Talzor

hopmedic wrote:

I just got a phone call, two in fact, but the poetic justice is that the call dropped (which doesn't normally happen in my house).   The phone call came from 678-339-4000, which, when googled turns out to be the Verizon Wireless headquarters in Alpharetta, GA (about an hour from here).

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-678-339-4000

I really wish I'd gotten to talk to them.  If anyone else gets a call back after sending a message to them, please post!  I hope they call back!

I posted my phone number in the mail I sent to her as well but have not received a call... yet. I am curious as to what they will have to say. :smileywink:

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

I did NOT put my phone number in the message I sent.  So this could be one of two things.  Either it is something about my account, which is possible since I ported over to Sprint 2 months ago, and back to Verizon a week and a half later, or it could be in response to my message, and they looked me up.  The phone call went to my wife's phone, because hers is first on the account, so unfortunately it dropped before I she gave me the phone.

Given that the link I showed has several comments that the people receiving calls from this number said that it was in response to a problem that they'd emailed to VZW, I suspect it is follow-up to the message I sent earlier today.

Regardless, I have not heard back from Brandon Watson, so I'm going to ATT later to buy a phone.  I'll buy one, not porting my number over, and return it in 30 days or when VZW comes up with a phone, whichever is first.

0 Likes