Re: Shipping date 13th on HTC8X
jma2000

Thats what they did for me. Cancel on the spot.

0 Likes
LauraR67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish I would have checked here a couple of days ago, if only to see that I wasn't alone in not getting my blue 8X.

I called in and spoke with a great customer service rep. She was shocked that the online order people weren't more helpful when she called to find out what was going on. She had no idea what was causing the delay in my shipment. The sheer lack of info given out on Verizon's part not only to it's customers, but to it's customer service reps is pretty abysmal.

The woman I dealt with gave me her personal email...and called me at the exact time she told me she would each time when she found out more info.

As everyone seems to have found out, the black were mostly going out today (I believe) and the Blue ones are supposedly going out on Monday, 19th.

I am very disappointed at the delay and the lack of communication, but really, it is just a phone, and I've been excited about these Windows 8 phones for a while now, so I think I can wait another week.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Someone over on wpcentral who works for Verizon said that they are based in New Jersey, and were hammered hard by the hurricane, and he is proud at how well that they are doing at shipping with the new devices.  That said, they do need to do a better job of communicating what the hold-up is...  If the hold-up really is the hurricane, I can understand that,  but come on, tell us already.

0 Likes
TheManny

Welps.. I got it. Last one in store too. The VZW store I ended up going to got in 2 black ones and the sales person there was able to cancel my pre-order on the spot.

I do have to say... as much as I like VZW, this pre-ordering fiasco has left a sour taste in my mouth (espcially since it was my first time pre-ordering a phone). I for sure won't be doing it again (I mean really... what's the point of pre-ordering when you can just pick it up at the store on release day?). Don't get me wrong... I understand things don't always go as planned and sure the "expected" ship dates aren't "written in stone" however competent communication from a "communications" company would have been nice... somewhat of a common courtesy even.

Playing the waiting game isn't really that bad... but when inside sources (i.e. employees) can't get their stories straight and telling their customers a whole bunch of different stories and there's nothing coming from the powers that be to put people's minds at ease as to what's really happening... well... that's when people stop trusting and start losing faith.

Anyhow, for those of you who didn't receive yours today but were lucky enough to get an actual ship date and tracking number... be patient, it's worth the wait.

0 Likes
WindowsPhoneFan

My Windows Phone 8 pre-order experience with Verizon has been a complete disaster... In fact, I'm not even thrilled over the prospect of receiving the device (an HTC 8X) because it's currently sitting in limbo at a FedEx sorting facility.

What pains me the most is the fact that I could have easily gone to a nearby Verizon store or authorized retailer and walked out with either an 8X or Lumia 822 as early as Thursday (11/15).

Granted, this is not the end of the world. But, once I finally receive this order, I'll more than likely return it for a refund. Not because of the device, but chiefly because of the experience involved with getting it.

0 Likes
ThisIsNiceStuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

WindowsPhoneFan.

No offense, but why would you return a device over the shipping experience? That has nothing to do with the product its self, only a minor service provided by the carrier. Did you buy the phone because it had a listed feature of on time delivery? My guess is you liked the spec and its appearance. Nothing has changed with the device. My advice, if you like the phone then keep it or you wasted your time even buying it in the first place. Unless you plan on switching carriers, it makes no sense.

I am still waiting on mine in blue but I finally got a tracking number Sunday. Cant wait!

0 Likes
LauraR67
Enthusiast - Level 2

You got your tracking number??? You're lucky. Mine is supposed to ship out today as well (a blue one), but I'm still waiting on my email with the tracking number.

0 Likes
ThisIsNiceStuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was suprised, especially since they sent me the notice on Sunday. Estimated delivery day is Wednesday so I hope its not late or I will have to wait a few more days due to Thanksgiving. Im sure your blue one will be coming soon. I wonder how the red phone orders have gone.

0 Likes
WindowsPhoneFan

ThisIsNiceStuff,

I understand the point you are making and I appreciate the feedback. Nevertheless, when you receive an email confirmation from a vendor stating that your order "will ship by 11/13", you expect nothing less. Furthermore, as this was a preorder, I expect Verizon to understand that I (among others having pre-ordered) expect to receive merchandise no later than their stores (which was 11/15). That convenience is why people pre-order. Had I known I would run into the inconvenience as documented in my statement above, I would have never pre-ordered. Instead, I would have walked into a Verizon corporate store on 11/15 or 11/16 and purchased a Windows Phone 8 of my choice. Granted, Verizon did send out an e-mail regarding delays. But, honestly, does anyone want to hear about the delay of a product they ordered when a store down the street has it? I don't think so...

Going back to what I stated from this weekend, I never said I didn't like the HTC 8X or, as you put it, simply bought the phone "because it had a listed feature of on time delivery." I'm sure the HTC 8X is a great device (based on listed specifications and reviews) and I realize "nothing has changed" with it. So don't patronize me or assume that I'm some kid with no sense of reasoning. The only point I was making was that my experience with doing a pre-order was not what I expected and it would've been easier for me to go to a store instead.

Listen, I don't have anything against you and I hope you enjoy your order when it arrives. On the other hand, this experience has taught me that pre-orders done through Verizon don't always pan out the way one might expect them. Nevertheless, I hope that once I get my hands on the device, the HTC 8X will win me over and I'll drop this case against Verizon and simply move on...

0 Likes
ThisIsNiceStuff
Enthusiast - Level 3

My reponse may have come across a bit more abrasive than I intended. Mine, of course, is just an opinion. My overall experience with Verizon has never been stellar and I completley agree with your frustrations over this pre order. I hope all turns out well in whatever you decide.

0 Likes