Should there be an icon for having message on voicemail? I have missed a lot of voicemails.
Jwsam1

I have the Nokia 735 and an "icon" doesn't come up telling me I have voicemail.  I can't seem to find anything in the on-line manual or in troubleshooting that addresses this problem.  I have missed several voicemails and am not happy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Should there be an icon for having message on voicemail? I have missed a lot of voicemails.
primortal
Master - Level 1

Have you pinned the Voice Mail app to the Start Page?  If not, tap and hold the Voice Mail app an select Pin to Start.

0 Likes
Re: Should there be an icon for having message on voicemail? I have missed a lot of voicemails.
Jwsam1

I had done that at first but apparently it got up-pinned.  Thanks.

0 Likes
rcsnyder

Same here. Just realized that when my vmail box overflowed.

I did notice that Verizon sends a text to my phone when there is vmailbox activity. It appears to be some sort of prompt for the non-existent visual reminder.

Would like to activate/restore the visual.

Help please.

0 Likes
Re: Should there be an icon for having message on voicemail?  I have missed a lot of voicemails.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

rcsnyder wrote:

Same here. Just realized that when my vmail box overflowed.

I did notice that Verizon sends a text to my phone when there is vmailbox activity. It appears to be some sort of prompt for the non-existent visual reminder.

Would like to activate/restore the visual.

Help please.

Which phone model do you have? Some older phones had the visual voicemail removed because the system they used was obsolete and shutdown.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcsnyder

Lumia 735

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should verify that you have the Visual Voicemail feature on your line through your MyVerizon account online. There should be a Voicemail application on your phone. That is the application you use to access the Visual Voicemail.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcsnyder

Visual Voicemail? Not sure we're talking about the same thing. I'm not asking for anything but the little reminder/alert flag that I had on my old phone (Lumia 928).

Please explain.

0 Likes
Re: Should there be an icon for having message on voicemail?  I have missed a lot of voicemails.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The text message you are receiving for each new voice mail is because the system thinks you have Visual Voicemail. If you just want the Basic Non-visual voicemail, then you should call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from a Verizon Wireless phone and request they add the Block Visual Voicemail feature on your line. Then you will likely need to set up your voicemail again and turn on the notifications to get the notice of new voicemails in the notification bar.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can definitely appreciate the need for a visual reminder on your voice mail, rcsnyder. Just to make sure we’re heading in the right direction, were you able to complete the previously mentioned steps to pin your voice mail application to your start screen https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-162725/ ? When you tap the voice mail application, are you able to see a list of your voice mails and hear the messages in any order you chose or does it connect you to a call (*86) to listen? When you check your notifications, do you see a notification appearing under the “Backup Assistant Plus”
title when you receive a new message?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes