Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shutting Down and Freezing
notaryphone

<< Post moved for better exposure >>

Yes, I have been having this problem with a three-month old Nokia Lumia 822.

About a month ago, my original phone began to freeze, which I resolved by turning it off then on again.  Then, it shut itself off a few times.

Then, about two weeks ago, it shut itself off and wouldn't start up at all.  I called for live help.  A technician walked me through various tests until she determined that the phone was defective.  She then helped me reactivate an older cell phone I still had and I used that for a week while a replacement phone was sent to me.

When the replacement phone arrived, I invested 3 hours with technicians on my home telephone helping me get the new phone up and operable.  Before that day was out, the new phone shut itself off and wouldn't restart.

I called Verizon again and while running through more tests with another technician, the phone came on again.  However, I asked if the battery might be the problem and he agreed to send a replacement.  While waiting for the replacement, the phone died again and wouldn't come back on.  I called and another technician offered to overnight me a battery, since he researched the first battery replacement and saw that it had been sent by ground and wasn't scheduled to arrive for another few days.  This technician guided me through a few more steps and we got the replacement phone with original battery to start up again.

The second battery arrived the following morning, which was yesterday.  When I put it into the phone to check its charge, I saw that it was over half-charged, so I kept it in the phone and went off to an appointment.  Before the day was out, the phone died again.  I took the battery out and put in the old battery, and the phone came back on.  I took out the old battery and put in the new battery, and the phone came back on, too.

Now, today, the phone has died twice.  This time, I just took out the battery and put it back in and the phone starts up.

NEVERTHELESS, this removing and reinstalling the battery should not be a required operation multiple times per day.

So, please, Verizon Technicians, Please let us know how to remedy this issue permanently.  Thank you.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Shutting Down and Freezing
kd82

"this removing and reinstalling the battery should not be a required operation multiple times per day" - I completely agree.

I got my Lumina 822 in December.  It was working perfectly, outside of the "other storage" filling up rather quickly.  Until about 2 weeks ago, it froze, and when I took the battery out and put it back in, it said, "unable to find a bootable option."  I have a replacement now, sent the old one back (Verizon must not have even gotten the old one yet because I got a reminder message today to return it).  Now this "like-new" replacement is freezing multiple times a day.  Sometimes it works for hours, but other times, it freezes multiple times within an hour.  It even freezes overnight, and so my alarm doesn't go off in the morning.  I just got everything re set-up, so I'm not really looking forward to calling Verizon for another replacement, but I think I might just need to do so. 

0 Likes