Since Portico update, phone restarts during voice call
ebmebm

Since applying the Portico update to my 8X, I have had four occasions during a voice call where the phone has restarted without warning.  I never had this problem prior to Portico.  The duration between the start of the call and the restart event varies, does not seem to be consistent.  The battery level has been above 50% at the time of the event for all occurances.  During each event, I was not connected to any Bluetooth devices, but was connected on WiFi.

Anybody else have this or similar problem?  Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Since Portico update, phone restarts during voice call
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

You are not alone on this. Many people who had perfectly fine 8x are now having rebooting problems after Portico. I don't think a hard reset would do anything. You might have to to just wait it out. My phone after a few hours of Portico update, rebooted twice. But since then it has been completely fine so far

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning and happy Sunday ebmebm,

While I am glad that you have received the software update on your 8X, I sorry to hear about the phone restarting without warning. I know that you depend on your phone to stay connected to the people that’s important to you. I would like to partner with you to get this issue resolved. May I ask is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? Since the issue started after the update completed then I suggest doing a hard reset. As always, I suggest backing up all of your personal information prior to the reset. Here’s a link on how to perform the reset, http://vz.to/XJJzFB. Once you have done so and re-setup your device, may I have you retest the device functionality for improvements. Please share your finding just in case additional assistance is needed.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NickxxVT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine has randomly rebooted close to 20 times over the past 48 hours. And frozen around 8 times. I had the random reboots and freezes here and there. But nothing this bad. To me the 8x is just an expensive paperweight.

0 Likes