Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sloppy headphone jack in 928?
fitz1963

First 24 hours...I like the phone so far but I hadn't tried plugging in headphones until just now, and the jack is almost useless. Lots of noise when I plug in and the jack is not tight. I tried several different sets of phones and they are all the same. The cable will practically fall out of the jack. Defective phone?

TIA,

Fitz

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sloppy headphone jack in 928?
fitz1963

With my Samsung Charge, the headphone connector snaps into the jack...very tight and you can dangle the phone by the cord. Not with this phone...its as sloppy as an ex-girlfriend! Anyone else have this issue or do I have a defective phone?

0 Likes
Geebox
Novice

Mine is tight and can dangle it also by the cord, you should take yours back.

0 Likes
fitz1963

OK, yep, doing that today. Thank you!

0 Likes
fitz1963

Just wanted to follow up...the phone was not defective, and it's just a little embarrassing. The 928 jack accepts a TRRS connector (stereo audio + microphone) as opposed to a TRS which is standard for normal stereo headphones that I am trying to use. This requires an adapter...3.5mm TRS female to 3.5mm TRRS male. Incredibly, the dude at the Verizon store didn't figure this out, and Verizon in general must be clueless because they don't carry this adapter. From what I can see, they only carry a 3.5mm TRRS female to 2.5mm TRRS male. So Verizon should be stocking an adapter for use of regular stereo headphones.

0 Likes