So, ATIV SE and WP 8.1?
redzapdos
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, great, all the Nokia users have 8.1 now. When will Samsung ATIV SE get our update? It actually has better specs than the Icon, yet we get to be pretty much forgotten about. We can't even download the dev without major problems because we need a firmware upgrade. I'd like to also mention that the phone kind of needs some update to wifi for connections that require a sign-in (schools, hotels, etc.) because the wifi is practically unusable and I'm forced to use not-unlimited data because it refuses to talk to the router system. I understand that may not be your problem, but releasing the update is. When do we get it? I had a verbal contract from the sales representative at purchase that 8.1 would be out in 2 weeks. That was 9 months ago. More than a little disappointed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: So, ATIV SE and WP 8.1?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you see the Microsoft blog post that's been linked in a few of the discussions in this community? It mentions the Samsung Windows phone in it too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: So, ATIV SE and WP 8.1?
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

Sales reps have been lying to customers for quite some time about the status of Windows Phone updates, but it's not just the Samsung, the flagship Icon still hasn't received any updates and we have only received what are up til now are empty promises.

Until we actually see those updates, they're nothing but stall tactics to get us to go away. Even if we do see them at some point, the taste left in many of our mouths isn't going away any time soon.

0 Likes