So Far... Disappointed in Windows Phone 8 offerings
Kohld
Contributor - Level 1

I was really excited about getting both my son, and I, new Windows 8 phones to offset the new iPhone 5's my wife and daughter just received.

I was particularly looking forward to the rumored Samsung ATIV S as it has everything I was looking for. Screen size, storage, power and an awesome look and feel that is light years beyond what we currently have.

But now as more information trickles in about Verizon's decision to off a variant of the ATIV named Odessy, while little is yet known about this variant it is commonly being described as a 2nd tier phone, it looks like Verizon is determinined to keep the Windows phones a step or two behind its other OS offerings.

As a developer I need a high end phone, with the most current technology, for development/testing and day to day usage that Verizon seems unwilling to offer, and that justifies the $350/month I spend with Verizon.

I hope early reports about the Odessy are wrong, but given Verizons track record... I am not optimistic.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: So Far... Disappointed in Windows Phone 8 offerings
Not applicable

Then I suggest going with another carrier that fit your needs.

0 Likes
Kohld
Contributor - Level 1

I would love to, but unfortunately AT&T does not currently provide the coverage I need or I would have switched all of my phones over to my U-Verse account months ago.

wilks7
Enthusiast - Level 2

no disapointment for me the nokia is going to be a great upgrade from my current phone.....

0 Likes
cthulhucometh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't want to, but I'm going to leave Verizon, not only because they consider WP users second rate customers, they won''t even reply to my emails. That was the last straw for me.

Not applicable

Kohld wrote:

I would love to, but unfortunately AT&T does not currently provide the coverage I need or I would have switched all of my phones over to my U-Verse account months ago.

The you'll have to deal with what Verizon offers. At&t has exclusivity for the 920 for 6 months.

0 Likes
Overrated
Enthusiast - Level 2

The 822 is actually not a terrible alternative to the Lumia 920.  Same power as the 920 when it comes to the CPU and double the memory of it's 820/810 siblings. 

As a tech the 822 will be sufficient for my development needs.  Unless the pureview camera and higher resolution means the world to you, the offering we have is pretty decent.

If the demand for the Lumia phones increases dramatically w/ the release then perhaps Verizon will be willing to pony up for better quality W8 phones.

0 Likes
JamesH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also disappointed with Verizon.... They do not care about us as customers at all.... they have their own agenda and behind the scenes dealings to even read our concerns.... I am sure that they are not even reading our posts.

ontapbjt

I was hoping that the Lumia 920 would  be available at WP8 launch. Yes, I am disappointed but I am unwilling to wait another six months or switch to another carrier. Verizon offers the best service in my area. Besides, the HTC 8X looks like a great device and may even be superior to the 920 in some ways. I've owned HTC phones for Windows Mobile and I have a Trophy now. The TouchPro 2, in my opinion, was at it's time one of the best smartphones ever made in terms of features. The keyboard was spectacular. The Trophy has been a very reliable offering that has been a pleasure to use.

Don't count out HTC! It's going to be 8X for me.

0 Likes
soangry
Enthusiast - Level 2

yuck! 822 is pretty disgusting. Not an option. Anyway. Doesn't matter. 3 more days and I can jump ship. 920 here i come.

0 Likes