So my phone got wet the other day. I dried it out completely, but the touch screen still isnt working. Is there anything I can do short of getting a new phone? Anything that can be done at the nearest Verizon store? I am one of three phones on our plan an
wetphone

So my phone got wet the other day. I dried it out completely, but the touch screen still isn't working. Is there anything I can do short of getting a new phone? Anything that can be done at the nearest Verizon store? I am one of three phones on our plan and I am trying not to need to get a new phone before our contract expires next month.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: So my phone got wet the other day. I dried it out completely, but the touch screen still isnt working. Is there anything I can do short of getting a new phone? Anything that can be done at the nearest Verizon store? I am one of three phones on our pla
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello wetphone!

We're sorry to hear that your phone isn't working. It's very important to have a functioning touchscreen!  Let's explore your options OK? If the phone is taken to a store, troubleshooting can indeed be done. The store representative can even contact us while you're there.  Do you have insurance on the device? Or, do you maybe have a prior vzw device that can be activated until the upgrade is available? You can also check your My Verizon account to see if your line( or another line on the account) is eligible for an upgrade. VZW always has options for you.

Thank You,

ChristinaB_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: So my phone got wet the other day. I dried it out completely, but the touch screen still isnt working. Is there anything I can do short of getting a new phone? Anything that can be done at the nearest Verizon store? I am one of three phones on our pla
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello wetphone!

We're sorry to hear that your phone isn't working. It's very important to have a functioning touchscreen!  Let's explore your options OK? If the phone is taken to a store, troubleshooting can indeed be done. The store representative can even contact us while you're there.  Do you have insurance on the device? Or, do you maybe have a prior vzw device that can be activated until the upgrade is available? You can also check your My Verizon account to see if your line( or another line on the account) is eligible for an upgrade. VZW always has options for you.

Thank You,

ChristinaB_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RT_1

If not to late try a bag of rice. New to this but I also dropped my phone while visiting Florida in a lake. I put it in a bag of rice and then everything functioned again even the touch screen.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for keeping me updated, RT_1!

I sure hope you didn't have to get too deep into the water to retreive the device! Congratulations on even getting it out of the lake! I have heard that rice helps to dry out a device that has gotten wet. Please keep an eye on things, since this isn't always a permanent fix.

However, I'm very glad to hear that the device is functional again! Have a great day and enjoy your weekend!

Christina B

VZW Support

0 Likes
AlastorX50
Enthusiast - Level 2

Instead of going though Verizon you can get a refurbished 822 ($70) or even a 928 ($130) though ebay.

0 Likes