Still Asking For An Official Release Date From Verizon!!!
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

I don't understand why it's such a big deal that Verizon still cannot give us an official release date, some sort of press release, some sort of anything.  Yes, it's nice you give us patient customers a forum to vent more or less.  But just come out and give us a release date and make us all truly happy.

There is nothing the company gains from keeping the release date in the dark besides not having enough inventory for the long awaited demand.  If it's that you didn't train your employee's fast enough to support the product, you have no one to blame but yourself.  If rumors are correct that it was only last week that you start training your employee's, double shame on you.  The CDMA release was over 2 months ago, so there was no reason to drag your feet as long as you have done.

When I see an official press release or an official Verizon commercial on TV showing off the long awaited Windows Phone 7 release then I will be satisfied.  But until that time comes, I'm fuming with anger towards a company that decided to drag it's feet for as long as it has now on this issue. 

That only concerns me even more because I can only imagine the customer service and even the services that will be available for the Windows Phone 7 devices...  I truly hope not!!!

Make Us Happy Big Red!!!

TheJester77

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Still Asking For An Official Release Date From Verizon!!!
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Great News!

HTC Trophy will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 26, and in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores on June 2 for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. For more details please visit the link below:

HTC Trophy Release Information

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Basik13

Couldn't agree more.  I really don't see why they can't just announce the release date.  It's not like it will be a suprise to anyone.  We've all been following this thing for so long, and have falsely been led to beleive that launch was "imminent" for the past 4 months.  This has become the biggest joke of a product launch that I have ever seen.  Buzz is all over the Internet about the Trophy, but Verizon for some reason likes to pretend that this thing doesn't exist.  This has been an absolutely horrible experience waiting for this phone.

0 Likes
thejester77
Contributor - Level 1

Someone else that feels the same way I do.  Like Google Products are exciting... Like Apple Products are exciting...  If you are still in highschool or your over the hill and are trying to look cool, maybe...  But when it comes to practical applications, I still put my money behind Microsoft anyday!!!

Microsoft Windows is the commonly used Operating System for a reason.  Microsoft Office is the commonly used Work Suite for business' around the world for a reason.  Microsoft Server is still commonly used by those who have money to spend on there IT Infrastructure and are not cheap and resort to freeware (i.e. Google, Linux, Unix, etc.).

So yeah, I want a phone developed by a company that knows what there customers truly use there products for.  I don't care about APPZ, I care about the practical use of the phone.  Since it's still a phone first, and everything else second.

If anyone else agrees, please REPLY to the original post with AGREED!!!

Let's see how many voices we can get!!!

TheJester77

Can you hear us now Big Red!!!

0 Likes
texanator
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me too

0 Likes
Tripp06

Ditto @Jester

Get off your duff, Verizon!!!  You hold back that 500 new Android phones that are same as the current ones to finish testing and release a few Windows Phones (Hey...maybe you could be a good corporation and get a version of the HTC HD7 while you are at it)

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you for your feedback and inquiry. We understand your interest in the release date of the Windows 7 phone and we are glad with the excitement that this device has generated. As a great reference, we recommend that you sign up for email alerts to be informed on when this device will be available. Please access the provided link and bear in mind, not only will you be advised about when the Windows 7 phone will be released, you also get the benefit of being informed on when other new products and devices are ready. The link is: http://search.vzw.com/?market=53520&q=email+alerts&p=null&ss=null&b2eFlag=N.

0 Likes
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

and in other news, verizon still has the same canned ambiguous answers.

how about something a little more concrete?

0 Likes
Grimmr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really people. Really asking something concrete from Verizon? Xbox live is doing more advertising of the trophy than their own website,

0 Likes
AGREED!!!
Talzor

I love how some VZW person comes to the board and gives us the same crap response...

Seeing that new phones get released on Thursday's (usually) I guess it won't be tomorrow like I had hoped since there is still no news as of today.

But I could be wrong and I really hope I am cuz I WANT MY WINDOWS 7 PHONE!!!

Can you hear us now?

Better yet are you listening??

0 Likes
Re: AGREED!!!
gragacia

Why are people such.... It is called Windows Phone 7; the seven comes after PHONE, not WINDOWS!

Better yet, just call it Windows Phone.

{please keep your posts courteous-Thanks!}

0 Likes